New Wilco on charity compilation

Anyone know anything about this? I haven't seen it mentioned on the board.

gdp050_store.jpg

http://greydayproductions.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_music_info&cPath=1_59&products_id=219

Live From Nowhere Near You Vol II 3xCD + MP3 PRE-ORDER

Live From Nowhere Near You Vol II 3xCD + MP3 PRE-ORDER

larger image

Add to Cart:

$15.00

Charity Info: All profits from this release will be donated to Outside In, a local non-profit focused on providing aid and counseling to homeless youth. For more info on Outside In, visit their website here.

Kevin Moyer went into his attic studio alone with an idea and emerged with an emotionally vibrant compilation full of life and found sounds. By collaborating street musicians with friends and music professionals, he tells a story of life on the streets and the roads leading to and from there.

With thick layers of raw and polished instrumentation, the music hits like waves of emotion eddying between the warmth of a large wool blanket and the cold of a concrete pillow.

As the sounds of turntable beats wind through crowded streets and dark alleys, inspired guitars and haunting vocals dig into your chest and squeeze your heart.

Volume One was released in 2003 (and is also available in our store here). This is Volume Two.

Features:

· Beautifully packaged 3 cd set with over 210 minutes of music!

· Booklet with track info and stories included

· Bonus Songs Download w/ full set purchase

· Many rare and exclusive tracks only available on this comp!

· 100% of profits donated to charity

Partial Artist List:

Daniel Johnston • Modest Mouse • Eddie Vedder of Pearl Jam • Stone Gossard and Mike McCready of Pearl Jam • Tango Alpha Tango • The Black Ryder • The Strokes • James Mercer of The Shins • Wilco • Kevin and Anita Robinson of Viva Voce • Corin Tucker of Sleater-Kinney • Chris Funk and John Moen of The Decemberists • Elliott Smith • The Helio Sequence • The Upsidedown • The Dandy Warhols • Spoon • Ryan Adams • The Presidents of the United States of America • Bright Eyes • Dan Reed • Danny Seim of Menomena • Dave Allen of Gang of Four • Evan Railton of Swords • Greg Oden of The Portland Trailblazers • Imani Coppola • The Ettes • Joe Purdy • John Doe of X • Joshua Homme of Queens of the Stone Age and Them Crooked Vultures • Black Rebel Motorcycle Club • The Robots • Keith Schreiner of Dahlia • Logan Lynn • Mic Crenshaw of Hungry Mob • Mike Watt of The Minutemen • Nathan Jr of Duover • Neil Gust of No. 2 and Heatmiser • Pete Droge • Pete Miser of the Five Fingers of Funk • Third Eye Blind • Seth Lorinczi of the Golden Bears • Shawn Smith of Brad and Satchel • Steven Wilson of Porcupine Tree • Stic.man of Dead Prez • Thomas Lauderdale of Pink Martini • …AND MANY MORE

Download will include a handful of preview tracks that will be available immediately upon placing your pre-order. On release day, the same download link will contain the entire release plus added bonus tracks.

PLEASE NOTE: This is a PRE-ORDER item and will not ship until July 6th (almost two weeks before release date!). Any items purchased with this one will be shipped on July 6th. If you need any other items before then, please order separately.

I thought it said Jay Bennett of Wilco, not with Wilco?

Yes, you are correct. It states:

Jeff Tweedy (of Wilco)

Jay Bennett (of Wilco)

"Jay Bennett" is not list as a featured performer on the album. My assumption is that the included track is a Jay/Jeff performance from when Jay was "with" Wilco.

Yes, you are correct. It states:

Jeff Tweedy (of Wilco)

Jay Bennett (of Wilco)

"Jay Bennett" is not list as a featured performer on the album. My assumption is that the included track is a Jay/Jeff performance from when Jay was "with" Wilco.

That would be most excellent. Not that the boot recordings arent perfect, but i'd love to hear an official release of live tracks from that era, perhaps someday in the future. I guess my assumption was the opposite, that since they are listed separately, they're on different tracks on this compilation, but there's really no sense in belaboring this any further. cheers!

That would be most excellent. Not that the boot recordings arent perfect, but i'd love to hear an official release of live tracks from that era, perhaps someday in the future.

They've released 5 Tweedy/Bennett solo tracks on promos. They are all excellent.

• Box Full of Letters (Tweedy & Bennett) (11-20-1996 C’est What, Toronto, ON) - “Summerteeth and Sum Aren’t” promo CD
  • Forget The Flowers (Tweedy & Bennett) (11-20-1996 C’est What, Toronto, ON) - “Summerteeth and Sum Aren’t” promo CD
  • I Got You (Tweedy & Bennett) (7-9-1997 Lounge Ax, Chicago, IL) - “All Over the Place” promo 10” LP
  • Red Eyed & Blue (Tweedy & Bennett) (11-20-1996 C’est What, Toronto, ON) - “Summerteeth and Sum Aren’t” promo CD
  • Sunken Treasure (Tweedy & Bennett) (11-20-1996 C’est What, Toronto, ON) - “Summerteeth and Sum Aren’t” promo CD

I guess my assumption was the opposite, that since they are listed separately, they're on different tracks on this compilation, but there's really no sense in belaboring this any further. cheers!

Very good. Whatever it is, I always look forward to new Wilco.

They've released 5 Tweedy/Bennett solo tracks on promos. They are all excellent.

• Box Full of Letters (Tweedy & Bennett) (11-20-1996 C’est What, Toronto, ON) - “Summerteeth and Sum Aren’t” promo CD
  • Forget The Flowers (Tweedy & Bennett) (11-20-1996 C’est What, Toronto, ON) - “Summerteeth and Sum Aren’t” promo CD
  • I Got You (Tweedy & Bennett) (7-9-1997 Lounge Ax, Chicago, IL) - “All Over the Place” promo 10” LP
  • Red Eyed & Blue (Tweedy & Bennett) (11-20-1996 C’est What, Toronto, ON) - “Summerteeth and Sum Aren’t” promo CD
  • Sunken Treasure (Tweedy & Bennett) (11-20-1996 C’est What, Toronto, ON) - “Summerteeth and Sum Aren’t” promo CD

I've got all those! I suppose I meant an official release of a full show from that era. The number of boots from those days is pretty remarkable, and there are a lot of them with great sound quality. I'd be interested in what show Wilco thinks is best/representative of the era...

Very good. Whatever it is, I always look forward to new Wilco.

Agreed!

Track listing on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Live-Nowhere-Near-You-Two/dp/B005A6EWHQ/ref=dp_return_1?ie=UTF8&n=5174&s=music

Track is "Someday Some Morning Sometime." Very cool. Makes me wonder if Jay was included as a songwriter, not a performer. According to Wilcobase, Jeff didn't played this song live until 2002, after Jay left the band.

Disc: 1

1. Kevin Moyer: An Easy Slide (Rendezvous You Too)

2. Bright Eyes and Britt Daniel of Spoon: Southern State

3. The Helio Sequence: Heart Disease

4. Nathan Jr: The Best Noise

5. The Upsidedown: Silver Wind

6. Shawn Smith of Satchel and Brad: You Are Majestic

7. Kevin Moyer: Ill Street Blues

8. Carlos Guitarlos & Mike Watt: Ain't That Lovin' You

9. Paul Immanuel Owens: Hey You Dreamer

10. Dan Reed: Ritual - solo acoustic version

11. Tango Alpha Tango: This City

12. Skeeter: Winging It

13. James Mercer of the Shins: Caring Is Creepy - solo acoustic version

14. Brent DeBoer of The Dandy Warhols: Is That All

15. Tim Jenson of Pink Martini: A Saxophone In New York

16. Carlos Vamos and Lindsay Buckland: O-No-You-Den / Bar Tremolinos

17. Pete Miser: Where Do We Go From Here

18. Eddie Vedder of Pearl Jam, The Strokes, Josh Homme of Queens of the Stone Age and Them Crooked Vultures: Mercy Mercy Me

19. Joe Purdy: Troubadour

20. Joe Whaley: Save Me From Destruction - acoustic demo version

21. Corin Tucker of Sleater-Kinney, Kevin and Anita Robinson of Vive Voce, Chris Funk of The Decemberists as Blue Giant: Gone For Good

Disc: 2

1. David Brown and Adrian McEldery: Loose Change

2. The Ettes: Spend My Money

3. The Upsidedown: Light - Pete International Airport remix

4. Daniel Johnston: Grievances by Daniel Johnston

5. Dand Lee Strickland and Kevin Moyer: Holding Me Down

6. Tyler Coyle: Scaffolding

7. Nicholas Crosa and DJ Sirround: One Violin, One DJ

8. Suckapunch: Moves

9. Mic Crenshaw of Hungry Mob with Stic.man of Dead Prez: Running Out Of Time

10. Lindsay Buckland and Carlos Vamos: Whirling Devas - kevin come together edit mix

11. Thomas Lauderdale of Pink Martini: The Overgrown Meadow

12. Danny Seim of Menomena as Lackthereoff: The Columbia

13. Carlos Vamos and Lindsay Buckland: Vigilante - street edit

14. Kevin Moyer: Let's Make A Deal

15. Dandy Warhols and Portland Elvis: Gonna Be Your Santa

16. Black Rebel Motorcycle Club: River Styx - demo version

17. Station Zero with Kevin Moyer: Prone

18. Logan Lynn: Movies

19. Thomas Lauderdale of Pink Martini: Nana (Manuel de Falla)

20. Third Eye Blind with Arion Salazaar: There's No Hurry To Eternity

21. Stone Gossard and Mike McCready of Pearl Jam, Pete Droge, Chris Friel, Cole Peterson: Shame On You

22. The Presidents of the United States of America: Love Everybody

Disc: 3

1. Carlos Guitarlos & John Doe of X: Two Tavern Town

2. Tobin Herrera: Tonic Interlude (Pre-Funk)

3. The Robots: Tonic

4. Jordan White: Frank and Judy

5. Neil Gust, Elliott Smith, Jim Talstra, and John Moen of The Decemberists as No. 2: Who's Behind The Door?

6. Elliott Smith: The Real Estate

7. Modest Mouse: Dead End Job At The Dead Letter Office

8. Kevin Moyer and Wally Hendrickson: Happiness, That's Why I'm Bleeding

9. Thomas Lauderdale of Pink Martini: Up and Up

10. Thomas Lauderdale of Pink Martini: A Piano In New York

11. Steven Wilson of Porcupine Tree: Abandoner (alternate mix)

12. Greg Snell: End Wash

13. Kevin Moyer: Gutter Swirls (Drained)

14. Pete Miser of the Five Fingers of Funk: Call On Me

15. Dave Allen of Gang of Four, Danny Seim of Menomena, John Askew, and Adam Gnade as Faux Hoax: Your Friends Will Carry You Home (Pocket Remix)

16. David Maverick: Reverse

17. Ryan Adams : Shine Through The Dark

18. Joe Whaley: Save Me From Destruction - alternate studio version

19. Matt Brown and Kevin Moyer: One Fine Day (Fall) - acoustic version

20. The Black Ryder with Peter Hayes of BRMC: Burn and Fade

21. Wilco: Someday Some Morning Sometime

22. Joe Whaley: I'll Always Be There For You - acoustic demo version

Track is "Someday Some Morning Sometime." Very cool. Makes me wonder if Jay was included as a songwriter, not a performer. According to Wilcobase, Jeff didn't played this song live until 2002, after Jay left the band.

FYI, I got my copy of this comp today, and it seems to just be the album version of Someday, Some Morning, Sometime from Mermaid Avenue, Vol. 2. Jeff and Jay are the lone players on this song. Still great to hear, of course, but don't buy this comp expecting a previously unreleased live version or anything.

That said, do buy the comp because it's for a good cause and there's a lot of other cool stuff on there. :thumbup

FYI, I got my copy of this comp today, and it seems to just be the album version of Someday, Some Morning, Sometime from Mermaid Avenue, Vol. 2. Jeff and Jay are the lone players on this song. Still great to hear, of course, but don't buy this comp expecting a previously unreleased live version or anything.

That said, do buy the comp because it's for a good cause and there's a lot of other cool stuff on there. :thumbup

Thanks for the info. I've heard the Ryan Adams track. How's "Who's Behind The Door" by Neil Gust, Elliott Smith, Jim Talstra, and John Moen of The Decemberists?

I was thinking about this again. Are you sure it's the album version? Could it be a demo version? Are there any comments int he liner notes about it?

The live version they did of Someday, Some Morning, Sometime in 'An evening with Wilco' in Boston back in 2010 is unbeatable

I was thinking about this again. Are you sure it's the album version? Could it be a demo version? Are there any comments int he liner notes about it?

Just listened to the two again back-to-back and I'm pretty certain that it's the album version on the comp. There aren't any comments in the liner notes, just the lyrics to the song and who played what [e.g. Jeff Tweedy: vocals, acoustic guitar, wurlitzer; Jay Bennett: drums, upright bass, delayaphone, bells], which matches the Mermaid 2 credits.

Also, other songs on the comp are noted as "acoustic demo" or "demo" or "alternate studio version" and Someday, Some Morning, Sometime isn't. Is there a reason you think it would be a different version?

The live version they did of Someday, Some Morning, Sometime in 'An evening with Wilco' in Boston back in 2010 is unbeatable

I was at that show. It was always a treat when they played it during the acoustic set of the "Evening With..." gigs. :thumbup

Also, other songs on the comp are noted as "acoustic demo" or "demo" or "alternate studio version" and Someday, Some Morning, Sometime isn't. Is there a reason you think it would be a different version?

No, I was just surprised they used an album track when other artists including live and demo tracks.

Thanks for looking at the liner notes!