Solid Sounders--Where are you coming from?

61 members have voted

1. 1. Where in the world are you?

• United States--Northeast
    • United States--Southeast
    • United States--Northwest
    • United States--Southwest
    • United States--Middle
    • Europe (including Great Britain)
    • Canada
    • Australia, New Zealand and Asia
    • South America
    • Rest o' the world

I thought it would be fun to see where people who are attending Solid Sound, AKA (by me anyway) Wilcostock, are coming from, so I put together this poll. Hope it's not too US-centric: I provided a lot more US categories than choices for other countries, but the polls are limited to 10 items and I do assume that the majority of attendees will be from the US. (I considered making a separate category for Spain/Wilco Club, but I couldn't figure out what to delete.) This is a public poll, so you should be able to view responses.

If anybody has any bright ideas about ways to improve this poll, let me know and I'll see what I can do to modify it. Or if moderators, etc., can think of a better way to gather this information, feel free to wipe this out and replace it with something better.

Geez, I hope I haven't dissed some part of the world with a rabid Wilco fanbase. . .

Solid Sounders, stand up and be counted! :rock

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UPDATE and REVISION: We're up to 18 responses now, but is that really all? I know, some votes may actually represent 2 people, but still. . .where is everyone? Aren't there many more VCers than this going to be joining us in the Berkshires?

It would be great if people would not only vote but also add a comment, for two reasons:

1. You can tell us a little something about you, where you're staying maybe or express a wish to connect with others, and

2. It'll keep this poll bumped up to the top and thus more visible to people who only visit VC occasionally.

It's just about 3 weeks from now. Anyone who has any knowledge of a VC meet-up or who would like to arrange one, please jump in here. If no one else wants to do it, I'll volunteer. Just send me a message with your name, phone number, email address, number of people in your party, and where you're staying. I'll compile into a spreadsheet and will distribute to anyone who's interested. Of course, if any moderators or anyone else is planning to do this more officially, I will gladly bow out. But I for one am really looking forward to meeting in person some more crazed fans!

2 coming from Indianapolis. We arrive Thursday afternoon and leave late Sunday afternoon. We are staying at the Holiday Inn. Can't wait to meet other fans and have a great time!

UPDATE and REVISION: We're up to 18 responses now, but is that really all? I know, some votes may actually represent 2 people, but still. . .where is everyone? Aren't there many more VCers than this going to be joining us in the Berkshires?

It would be great if people would not only vote but also add a comment, for two reasons:

1. You can tell us a little something about you, where you're staying maybe or express a wish to connect with others, and

2. It'll keep this poll bumped up to the top and thus more visible to people who only visit VC occasionally.

It's just about 3 weeks from now. Anyone who has any knowledge of a VC meet-up or who would like to arrange one, please jump in here. If no one else wants to do it, I'll volunteer. Just send me a message with your name, phone number, email address, number of people in your party, and where you're staying. I'll compile into a spreadsheet and will distribute to anyone who's interested. Of course, if any moderators or anyone else is planning to do this more officially, I will gladly bow out. But I for one am really looking forward to meeting in person some more crazed fans!

Your enthusiasm is infectious! Wish I could say 2 are coming from Vancouver, however, it just wasn't in the cards. Have a great time, everyone!

Louisville, Ky. A 14 hour solo drive through Ohio, western PA, New York and into Mass. My birthday is on the 12th, hell of a birthday weekend.

I'm coming from near Philly and my girlfriend from Orange County NY.

We're staying near Albany for the weekend.....a little bit of a ride (about 40 miles away) but the price was right and we're not gonna kill ourselves to get there early on either Sat or Sun.

Really looking forward to Friday night though....

Cya all there!

I'm coming from Melbourne, Australia. Spending a month in the US, mixing up the cliche touristy stuff with some concerts. Staying at the Holiday Inn with an American friend I met at the 7WC2 shows in Auckland last year. If you hear an Aussie accent, there's a 50% chance it's me.

3 coming from Raleigh, NC.

We're camping at Blacksburg State Park.

Would that be Jay Farrar, W, and Elaine Bennis?

oh yeah 2 from Wisconsin!

Why is Canada in the "Rest of the world" category? Or should I just assume that I'm in the Northeast US? Unless....have we finally just fused with you guys!?

We wish.