Spring Tour Appreciation Thread

Hey Wilco,

Some Random thoughts from the top drawer of my mind...

For 35.00 Thanks for Making an Evening With a Great Value I was able to Spend times with my Family/Friends over multiple shows because it was obtainable.

Thanks for NO Cellphones it is difficult I am sure to be vigilant about this but, please continue this policy.

For as long as you can please Continue an Evening With. It is what we came for and it is what you Deserve as well.

Lastly a BIG THANK YOU for this TOUR 4 Great nights for me, although my first listen was Mermaid Avenue and live in 05* in this man's opinion: You All continue to improve.

Every Date* in Grtr Boston since.

Enjoy the Rest of the Tour! See You in Berkshires!

Great post! I only caught two of the "evening with" shows, but I have been feeling the same gratitude over the past few days. The fact that both songs I requested for each show were played...icing on a very sweet cake. I, too, will see you in August. Thank you, friends!

Hey ain't it great for us to be alive

I've been lying in wait for you to come outside

I know you don't know me but I know a lot about you

You're the one who knows me better than I do

When I get back home, I'm gonna put your records on

I play them way too loud and I'll sing along

I know all the words to every song

And I don't really care tonight you sang one wrong

And I, I can't keep from talking

I can't keep from talking about you

And I just wanted to thank you

Thank you for doing what you do

I wanted to tell the world a little bit about myself

Realize my feelings and put them on a shelf

Then jump out the window so you'd all know what it's about

'Cause I can't be there to help you figure it out

:love :hug

lyrics: Jeffrey Scott Tweedy...Golden Smog "I Can't Keep From Talking"

Great idea for a thread, and I'll add my 2 cents worth. I saw the Richmond show and was completely blown away. It was my 4th time seeing Wilco and by far the best show ever, though these guys never do anything halfway. But what a thrill getting to see 3 solid hours of my favorite band and the most soulful, nurturing music ever, in a great standup venue and just two back from the front, right between Jeff and Nels. It was absolute nirvana for this fan.

It's been exactly 2 weeks since that show and I am still into my obsessive post-concert preoccupation, listening to the Boston show from Roadcase as I type. (Thanks so much for streaming the Boston and New Hampshire shows, BTW, to keep the good vibes going.) I wish the boys all the best overseas in May--I guess we've got to be good citizens of the world and share our favorite export! It looks like they're taking a well-deserved break after that, but just think how fantastic it's going to be when they come back refreshed and hungry for audience love in August! I've already got my tickets and hotel reservation for the Berkshires, and am hoping that I get a little non-Wilco downtime between now and then, as my brain needs a breather!

Saw the 4 New England shows this tour and have gone beyond amazement at how the band just keeps better, now I've come to expect it, but that bar is set pretty damn high!

Thanks for small venues at 1995 prices, for allowing taping, for webcasts and streams, for living room sets, for golden banter, for mixing it up every night, basically for being the fan-friendliest band around.

2950 km through 2 provinces & 6 states, 4 nights of Wilco 12 hours of music something like 65 different songs, a beautiful spring week in New England with my girl, honouring the late great Alex Chilton every night: PRICELESS.

Thanks Wilco, see ya in August!

I think these were my 11th & 12th Wilco shows.

I have ALWAYS been VERY appreciative of EVERYTHING Jeff & Co. has thrown our way.

These shows were great! I was very happy to hear the tunes that I had never heard live before, 'That's Not the Issue' and 'Boxful of Letters' just to name a couple. I was at Providence and Hartford. I thought they were in particularly rare and wonderful form in Hartford.

I am very thankful for the low-cost tickets, many shows in my local area, their incredible talent that we are so lucky to be witness to, for their music bringing me to my love (TRUE story!) and for the fabulous upcoming festival.

Travel safe abroad gentleman and we'll be waiting with open arms when you come back to Massachusetts in August!!!

:worship

Thank you Wilco for pushing the boundaries of your live show. You still care about your live show and it is greatly appreciated by your fans. I saw two evening with shows and was blown away - this from somebody who has seen the band over 30 times starting in 1995. Thank you!

I tried to count recently and I'm up around 60 shows I think. I'll be the first to openly sdmit that many of the shows and even some of the tours blend together and I am one picky bastard about setlists, but the three shows I saw on this tour (Durham-Richmond-Bethesda) were knockouts. The breakdown sets were fantastic, especially the rarities and reworkings. First time I'd heard "Not for the Season" in ages, and the throwback "Spiders" was golden. "Someday Some Morning Sometime" was certainly a track I never thought I'd hear. Loved the generous length and variety of the shows and put me down as another proponent of the no opening act. Thanks a million for coming back to Richmond for the first time in 13 years! Looking forward to the insanity that the fest will no doubt bring. It's gonna be like a giant family reunion.

Thank you Wilco for the generosity of your spirits and for your devotion to your music and your fans. I've seen countless shows over 37+ years of concert going, but the tour de force that was the Orpheum show (and every night on this tour it appears) will long be remembered as one of the highlights. Certainly the favorite of my 5 or so Wilco experiences. Would love nothing better than to have "An Evening With Wilco" every time you come to town. Looking forward to a weekend with Wilco at SolidSound.

Thank you for 3 hours of music for a ridiculously low price, for the living room sets, the rarities and the standards, for 8 songs in Concord/Hartford that I had not seen live before. Hartford ranks in the top 3 Wilco shows I have seen, right behind the deli tray show in NYC in 1997 and right there with Shelburne, VT in 2007.

Will I be ok if they do not repeat "An Evening With..." on future tours? Sure I will, because I loved their shows before this tour. And I will always have the memories.

I am a recent Wilco convert. I never even listened to Wilco before seeing them at Bonnaroo last summer, but they blew me away and had me hooked instantly. I then saw them at Dutchess Stadium a month later, then flew out to Chicago and saw them the UIC Pavillion. Every show was great, and i could never ask for more than another pair of 2+ hour shows when i bought tickets for the Wellmont Shows. Those 2 hour shows would have been satisfying and gratifying in every way, and i would have walked out both nights saying "that was SOO worth the $40". But Wilco us so much more. They graced me with many songs i had wanted to hear at those previous shows, such as Red Eyed & Blue/I got you, Ashes of American Flags, Forget the Flowers, Via Chicago, Muzzle of Bees, Summer Teeth, an unexpected cover of In the Street, Dreamer in my Dreams, and of course one that i will never forget (and probably won't hear ever again), More like the Moon. Live music might never be the same again, only a few bands can even come close to the level of incredibleness that this pair of shows delivered.

It really is true. Wilco loves us, baby.

Here's to more "An Evening With" shows, less opening bands, and more weirdness like acoustic sets.

Hell, I'd love them to do a set of cover tunes or add a few cover tunes every night just to shake things up. Plus, nearly every time they do a cover, I get exposed a great new song or band. I'm counting on these guys to further my musical education!

All I can say is Thank You Wilco!!! I am a long time fan and I've been to countless shows, however I have never been able to get my wife into them, I've played her the discs, shown her the movies, she has even seen them twice as an opening act (Sheryl Crow '97 and Neil Young '08) and actually enjoyed both shows, but still never really got it. Finally I got her to go to the Hartford show and she was hesitant going in, even mocking my excitement (she went to sleep during both webcasts), however coming out of the show she was in, she wanted to go to Philly and Pittsburg (to hell with the kids I guess) she can't wait for what I'm calling Wilco Fest in August, and she is listening to them nonstop, she even said "How come you never told me how awesome they are?" Thanks for the most incredible show!!!

i thought it was a great way to get re-acquainted w/ some songs that i took for granted, like 'airline to heaven' or 'laminated cat.' even the stuff you knew was coming ('shot in the arm,' 'impossible germany') sounded fantastic, and the band took some care to slightly tweak the versions.

i rarely ever see a band back-to-back (i think i can count the instances on one hand...neil young, sonic youth, mogwai, guided by voices, and now wilco) but this was a no-brainer given the format.

THANK YOU WILCO !!!! :worship FOR BEING YOURSELF !!!! :thumbup

Wilco keeps surprizing me, just when I think it can't get any better they go do these "Evening With" and just amazes me!

Thank you Wilco for playing, for loving what you do and loving the fans, together we all make a pretty good team!

There are way to many good memories to thank you for them all, but one important one for me is, Thank You Wilco for playing Wishful Thinking!!!! :cheekkiss

Hey ain't it great for us to be alive

I've been lying in wait for you to come outside

I know you don't know me but I know a lot about you

You're the one who knows me better than I do

When I get back home, I'm gonna put your records on

I play them way too loud and I'll sing along

I know all the words to every song

And I don't really care tonight you sang one wrong

I wanted to tell the world a little bit about myself

Realize my feelings and put them on a shelf

Then jump out the window so you'd all know what it's about

'Cause I can't be there to help you figure it out

:love :hug

lyrics: Jeffrey Scott Tweedy...Golden Smog "I Can't Keep From Talking"

" "

THANK YOU WILCO !!!! :worship FOR BEING YOURSELF !!!! :thumbup

Wilco keeps surprizing me, just when I think it can't get any better they go do these "Evening With" and just amazes me!

Thank you Wilco for playing, for loving what you do and loving the fans, together we all make a pretty good team!

There are way to many good memories to thank you for them all, but one important one for me is, Thank You Wilco for playing Wishful Thinking!!!! :cheekkiss

I'm sorry for a repeat... thos that go to ALOT of shows can understand what these "evening with" means... I can not express what Wilco gave us "fans" and I just can't say "thank you" enough to the boys!!! I have years of experience of traveling around the south eastern states, doing missonary, gossip works for years, hauling equipment in and out,old warehouses, "clubs" deemed as fittable for people... that is a suck ass job, but sometimes, the people make it worth while... Someone asked, "why" open each show with W(TS)but how can you not? Each city or town is a new, the way they bring "it on" is special, hell I can't come off my "Wilco" high, each time I think of something, it reminds me of something else and I can't help but smile... :worship