Wilco -- 4/9/10, Hartford, CT

Great show. Highlights for me.....Magazine Called Sunset, Box Full of Letters, That's Not the Issue, Sunken Treasure and One By One. Never heard them live before. Audience was really into it. Jeff said they never played Hartford before. A lot of Wilco starved fans were taken care of in a good way. Rest of the set was pretty much the standards. I'll let someone else post it.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What an incredible show! I didn't write down the setlist but I'm sure someone will post it soon. Many highlights for me: Acoustic "Spiders," "Forget the Flowers," "Poor Places," "ITMWLY," "Via Chicago" and "Hate it Here." They didn't do "Not for the Season" which was a bummer, but that was the only disappointment for me. That was easily the best I have ever seen them play live and the first time I've seen them in my home state of CT.

:lol Dammit!! This request process needs to be more precise! I'll hold out hope for hearing it tomorrow or Sunday.

Glad you got a good show!

It really was a quite wonderful show, of course being a neurotic reader I knew what was coming and going so it was a bit standard in that respect, but really, One by One was just glorious, Nels' Ashes solo just floored me, we were apparently quite better singers than Conchord was, and Jeff isn't a fan of their grapes. Also, calling an overzealous usher Barry Gibb (do i have the right Bee Gee?) from the stage was cute. Happy Birthday to Nate, the drum tech tonight, and everyone taking a turn wearing the birthday hat/headband/chinstrap for Nels was also fun.

Still post-concert buzzing with excitement, so I apologize for the rambling. This was our first Wilco show since Lowell and a first real night out since our second little spawn a few months back, so it had a lot of things going for it. Plus, my wife was thrilled to have made a "Wilco Friend" tonight, so if Marisol from the Mezzanine Row F is here (please don't let me be butchering your name, i noticed your memory was far better than mine), Miriam says hi. And the people behind us asking if we want to stand, after awkwardly trying to figure out if we're blocking people or not and not getting the usher in a tizzy about standing, thanks, it helped make the night up there.

Can someone post the setlist, Ive been waiting up all night for it. I was supposed to go to the show tonight but had a death in the family, 7 of my friends went.

There is a man know simply as bbop who posts the complete and accurate setlist for every Wilco show.

Once you see his name at the bottom, hang on tight.

Welcome to the board. :thumbup

Via my recently acquired ESP. Don't believe me. I guessed what restaurant my mother wanted to go back to at some point.

Set list

Wilco the Song

I Am Trying to Break Your Heart

Ashes of American Flags

Bull Black Nova

You Are My Face

One Wing

A Shot in the Arm

One by One

Either Way

Handshake Drugs

Deeper Down

Impossible Germany

California Stars

Poor Places

Spiders (Kidsmoke)

Sky Blue Sky

That's Not the Issue

You and I

Forget the Flowers

Sunken Treasure

War on War

Passenger Side

Airline to Heaven

Via Chicago

Box Full of Letters

I'm Always in Love

A Magazine Called Sunset

Jesus, etc.

You Never Know

Hate It Here

Walken

Heavy Metal Drummer

I'm the Man Who Loves You

Thank You Friends

Hoodoo Voodoo

I'm a Wheel

Chiming in

Just got Back from CT now behind a cold beer in. Boston

Definate #2 of the week

ORPHEUM no longer has a roof thanks Wilco

And dammit the CAPITOL (where Hendrix once played)

Is now in need of Roof repair!

In case your wondering my opinion Lupos then Concord come

After Boston/Hot Hartford,

But great Nites as well

Now my friends are back @ bar

Enjoy every sandwich!

There is a man know simply as bbop who posts the complete and accurate setlist for every Wilco show.

Once you see his name at the bottom, hang on tight.

Well, as they say, you can't make them all (do they say that? :hmm) Sorry to disappoint the masses -- like four of you -- but I couldn't make it up to Hartford so I'm no help tonight setlist-wise.

Glad to hear that they did Magazine for Nate's birthday, though! And That's Not The Issue...maybe they were just getting it in shape for you, B. ;)

I shall be back in form for Philly and Pittsburgh, so I'll help out from there if need be. You can resume hanging on tight then, if so inclined. Till then, I'll be waiting for the Hartford setlist like everyone else. (Your effort looks pretty good, though, Senor u2roolz, especially if it was from memory. No way I could do that. :thumbup)

Only variation from the printed setlist was the first encore, Hoodoo Voodoo replaced Late Greats. Guitar duel on Hoodoo was even more amazing than usual, Nels & Pat did Chuck Berry duckwalks at each other while jeff backed off looking afraid like "I don't wanna get in the middle of this", it was awesome. Hilarious banter about the usher staff, an elderly lady was really into her job hassling people smoking pot and/or taking pictures in the first few rows, Jeff dubbed her Mrs Doubtfire which was bang-on how she looked and remarked how he'd never had to tell the venue staff to settle down before, the usher on the other side had some super-fine looking wavy long hair and Jeff called him Barry Gibb while the whole band cracked up, it was freakin priceless. After I'm Always In Love Jeff gave happy birthday props to Nate the drum tech and led the crowd in a happy birthday singalong, a girl in the crowd passed up a happy birthday hat mounted on a pink hairband that Jeff then wore for Magazine (Nate's birthday request) then it was passed around to each band member over the next 5 songs. Nels wore it like a tie under his chin and Pat wore it on his arm like a "birthday pirate". Jeff said it was their first time playing Hartford and the crowd was really good and they should come back "more often than....never". For the guys smoking pot up front there was a pointed "roll another number for the SHOW", cracking the band up again, and Jeff got right up to them during Jesus and when they were too stoned to sing along properly made a toking gesture with his fingers to lips and rolled his eyes, the guy is funnier than most comedians I've seen.

Just an incredible show, I mean THAT'S NOT THE ISSUE!!!!! Been out since last Sunday in Providence and seen 61 unique songs out of 147 in 4 shows (not counting Easter Bunny or Happy Birthday), can't think of a better way to spend a week. HUGE thanks to the crew member who met us hanging around the box office ticketless this afternoon and hooked us up with front row centre and even thanked us for travelling so far to see the band, I say THANK YOU WILCO for an incredible week and 4 dynamite shows, can't wait to do it again, what a band, what a tour. So sad to be going home in the morning.

For the detail oriented Jeff had on a Chicago Police t-shirt that said terrorism on it, maybe a special unit? And white American Eagle tennis shoes kinda like those canvas Converse high tops, with colourful trim around the ankle. The rainbow SG never appeared neither did the dobro-looking thing. Just trying to fill in while bbop takes a night off :)

For the detail oriented Jeff had on a Chicago Police t-shirt that said terrorism on it, maybe a special unit? And white American Eagle tennis shoes kinda like those canvas Converse high tops, with colourful trim around the ankle. The rainbow SG never appeared neither did the dobro-looking thing. Just trying to fill in while bbop takes a night off :)

Excellent work! As some friends of mine who used to be/are big Crowded House fans like to joke about as it relates to Neil Finn, we always need the "hair and pants" report (except in Jeff's case, I suppose it would be shoes and guitars)! :pirate

Only variation from the printed setlist was the first encore, Hoodoo Voodoo replaced Late Greats. Guitar duel on Hoodoo was even more amazing than usual, Nels & Pat did Chuck Berry duckwalks at each other while jeff backed off looking afraid like "I don't wanna get in the middle of this", it was awesome. Hilarious banter about the usher staff, an elderly lady was really into her job hassling people smoking pot and/or taking pictures in the first few rows, Jeff dubbed her Mrs Doubtfire which was bang-on how she looked and remarked how he'd never had to tell the venue staff to settle down before, the usher on the other side had some super-fine looking wavy long hair and Jeff called him Barry Gibb while the whole band cracked up, it was freakin priceless. After I'm Always In Love Jeff gave happy birthday props to Nate the drum tech and led the crowd in a happy birthday singalong, a girl in the crowd passed up a happy birthday hat mounted on a pink hairband that Jeff then wore for Magazine (Nate's birthday request) then it was passed around to each band member over the next 5 songs. Nels wore it like a tie under his chin and Pat wore it on his arm like a "birthday pirate". Jeff said it was their first time playing Hartford and the crowd was really good and they should come back "more often than....never". For the guys smoking pot up front there was a pointed "roll another number for the SHOW", cracking the band up again, and Jeff got right up to them during Jesus and when they were too stoned to sing along properly made a toking gesture with his fingers to lips and rolled his eyes, the guy is funnier than most comedians I've seen.

Just an incredible show, I mean THAT'S NOT THE ISSUE!!!!! Been out since last Sunday in Providence and seen 61 unique songs out of 147 in 4 shows (not counting Easter Bunny or Happy Birthday), can't think of a better way to spend a week. HUGE thanks to the crew member who met us hanging around the box office ticketless this afternoon and hooked us up with front row centre and even thanked us for travelling so far to see the band, I say THANK YOU WILCO for an incredible week and 4 dynamite shows, can't wait to do it again, what a band, what a tour. So sad to be going home in the morning.

Thanks for the great review. You hit all of the key highlights. Mrs. Doubtfire was the best. I nearly dropped when I heard Magazine. Got to see the 4 NE Shows and each one had its unique, fabulous features with variations in songs, guitars, footwear and banter. So many rares -

Review and set list from the Hartford Courant......

http://blogs.courant.com/eric_danton_sound_check/2010/04/wilco-bushnell-review.html

Set list

1. Wilco the Song

2. I Am Trying to Break Your Heart

3. Ashes of American Flags

4. Bull Black Nova

5. You Are My Face

6. One Wing

7. A Shot in the Arm

8. One by One

9. Either Way

10. Handshake Drugs

11. Deeper Down

12. Impossible Germany

13. California Stars

14. Poor Places

15. Spiders (Kidsmoke)

16. Sky Blue Sky

17. That's Not the Issue

18. You and I

19. Forget the Flowers

20. Sunken Treasure

21. War on War

22. Passenger Side

23. Airline to Heaven

24. Via Chicago

25. Box Full of Letters

26. Always in Love

27. Magazine Called Sunset

28. Jesus, etc.

29. You Never Know

30. Hate It Here

31. Walken

32. Heavy Metal Drummer

33. I'm the Man Who Loves You

34. Thank You Friends

Encore

35. Hoodoo Voodoo

36. I'm a Wheel

For the detail oriented Jeff had on a Chicago Police t-shirt that said terrorism on it, maybe a special unit? And white American Eagle tennis shoes kinda like those canvas Converse high tops, with colourful trim around the ankle. The rainbow SG never appeared neither did the dobro-looking thing.

Thanks, but isn't Nels the fashionista of the group? I am much more concerned with whether Nels was wearing his red flood pants or his black tight pants, you know because I care about fashion and all.

I find it funny that I posted the actual setlist here last night at 12:45 and then it was posted again at 10:45.

Thanks for your time-traveled posting. Ran a little late getting out of New Hampshire so I missed the first few songs. Having attended both the Concord and Hartford shows on the New England State Capitol Tour, I have to say sleepy little Concord did fall short on vocals for 'Jesus Etc.' That being said, 'In the Street' blew doors. I was NOT expecting that one. They absolutely crushed it. RIP, Alex.

A buddy of mine who used to work for the Bushnell says that Mortensen Hall -- the room they played last night -- was the prototype for Radio City Music Hall and was constructed just before Radio City in the early 30's. You can definitely see the similarities. Beautiful, Art Deco styled architecture.

And they let you buy as many beers as you could carry and take them right back to your seat. Thanks Hartford!