Wilco -- 2/26/10, Québec City, Québec

Not the tightest show of the Tundra Tour, but maybe one of the most fun. Jeff came out in an awesomely garish blue, white and black plaid suit that may or may not have been meant as an homage to the Québec flag -- at least that's what first came to my mind -- and that sort of set the tone for the show. (He never actually commented on the suit, so it's unclear if it was a recent acquisition or something from long, long ago. Well, in any case, it's almost certainly the latter. :pirate)

I took a couple decent photos of Jeff's suit, but hopefully someone else will post at least one before I get a chance since I sort of stink at posting photos here... :ninja [edit: I think I managed to post a picture below!]

While he didn't make any comments on his attire, Jeff did have a little more poutine banter tonight, asking where the best place was to get it and saying they hadn't actually had any yet before I'll Fight and pointing out a guy with binoculars around his neck in the 10th row before Hate It Here and saying the venue was way too small for them. He also said At My Window was a request from the Web site, but noted that this show got the fewest requests ever and jokingly asking if it was because the site isn't in French. And in a joke that I might have been the only audience member to get, Jeff said, "You can't recreate that magic," after Glenn hit the synthesized band intros sample (intentionally this time, unlike the previous show in London) at the start of Heavy Metal Drummer.

Nels also had a couple of funny moments, sashaying into Matrix the guitar tech's workspace at one point in I'm The Man Who Loves You and also doing some modified high-stepping (in his sneakers!) during that song. He also had to unexpectedly switch guitars before the coda in A Shot in the Arm, though I couldn't see if it was just a broken string or something else more serious.

Anyway, fun was had (lots of general goofiness, though the crowd seemed very appreciative of the performance); the venue was nice and intimate (maybe 1,000-1,200 capacity and all GA; the only downside was the required coat check); and time flew by (definitely the shortest 2-hour, 15-minute show I can remember).

Here was the complete setlist, as played:

—"Trololo Guy" intro music—

Via Chicago

Bull Black Nova

You Are My Face

IATTBYH>

One Wing

Radio Cure

Handshake Drugs

Pot Kettle Black

Deeper Down

Impossible Germany

At My Window Sad and Lonely

Bob Dylan's 49th Beard

I'll Fight

California Stars

War on War

Jesus, etc. (crowd singalong)

You Never Know

Hate It Here

Walken

I'm The Man Who Loves You

--------------------------

Wilco (the song)

Forget The Flowers

Heavy Metal Drummer

A Shot in the Arm>

Spiders (Kidsmoke)

Hummingbird

I should add that the stage was apparently so tight that they couldn't fit either Glenn's gong or the candle-like lights and backdrop that are part of the new lighting scheme for this tour. All they had was the set of two or three big flood lights (plus the venue's normal stage lights, of course). I realize about five people care about this, but anyway.

Oh, and Maneki Neko seems to have vanished for now (or at least I didn't see he/she/it on stage last night, nor in London for that matter). I believe Quatchi was laying on his (?) back by one of Mike's keyboards and may have been, ahem, implemented once again during A Shot in the Arm [edit: it might actually have been Mukmuk!]. Even less people probably care about these details... :lol

:thumbup Yeah, but some of us know what's important.

Thanks for the update, P. Interesting song order - seems like they put all the song names in a hat and drew out six to compose the encore. I like it!

(Do I need to comment in each show's thread? Yes. Apparently I do.)

The suit is awesome...The show opened with Via Chicago, what a treat. I've seen a bunch of shows recently, but have yet to see them open with Via Chicago. I'd really like to as I think it's a great way to start the show. They don't do it often, hopefully one day I'll get to see them open with it.

Luckily I got to see Broken Arrow in Hamilton, on of the highlights of the show.