"An Evening with Wilco"

I have mixed feelings. Wilco usually brings a really good opening act with them, and since I don't go to too many shows, I like to see as many good bands as possible.

But 2.5 hours of solid Wilco sounds pretty awesome to me.

Okay, I don't really have mixed feelings. This is going to kick ass.

The whole tour could be like this:

Play all of (randomly picked Wilco album - you never know which one until they start playing) in its entirety.

Intermission.

Play full set of songs not from the previously played album.

It'll never happen, but a boy can always dream.

I wish they had left Conor Oberst and the Milky Merkin Bums behind when I saw them this summer.

The whole tour could be like this:

Play all of (randomly picked Wilco album - you never know which one until they start playing) in its entirety.

Intermission.

Play full set of songs not from the previously played album.

It'll never happen, but a boy can always dream.

That would be amazing.

I have mixed feelings. Wilco usually brings a really good opening act with them, and since I don't go to too many shows, I like to see as many good bands as possible.

But 2.5 hours of solid Wilco sounds pretty awesome to me.

Okay, I don't really have mixed feelings. This is going to kick ass.

This was my thought process exactly.

I get the feeling that many people around here see more shows in a month than I attend in a year. I always make sure that I get to a venue early enough to see the opening act.

But this is only going to be my second time seeing Wilco, so a full night with the band is a huge deal to me. If I could see only one show in 2010, I would want it to be one of these.

Can't wait to get in on that pre-sale tomorrow!

The 2008 residency shows in Chicago were "evening with...". And they were all thoroughly awesome. This sounds like a moving residency -- even if that is oxymoronic :stunned

I've seen Wilco 5 or 6 times and two of them were "Evenings with" and those 2 shows were BY FAR the best.

Yep. I've seen Wilco a dozen times or more and the only one I saw that was "an evening with" was in '05. It was easily the best one.

How are these shows going to be different? Are they going to play longer?

Sounds like they're going to play longer (perhaps close to 3 hours, but with breaks) and mix up the set lists more. I'm looking for something kind of like the Residency shows, but probably not quite as long or as many true rarities.

I suppose they might do the whole-album thing, but I kind of hope they don't. I like the surprises of a broad selection, like the Residency and post-residency shows.

Oh, and I hope they bring the Total Pros, too. Horns are cool.

Sounds like they're going to play longer (perhaps close to 3 hours, but with breaks) and mix up the set lists more. I'm looking for something kind of like the Residency shows, but probably not quite as long or as many true rarities.

I suppose they might do the whole-album thing, but I kind of hope they don't. I like the surprises of a broad selection, like the Residency and post-residency shows.

Oh, and I hope they bring the Total Pros, too. Horns are cool.

Yes, bring back the Total Pros!!!

But this is only going to be my second time seeing Wilco, so a full night with the band is a huge deal to me. If I could see only one show in 2010, I would want it to be one of these.

Can't wait to get in on that pre-sale tomorrow!

Which show?

Which shows are going to be this way?

You have some inside information?

Guest Speed Racer

You have some inside information?

The press release?

Pitchfork quotes from the release: "extended, varied sets exploring material from each of the accomplished Chicago sextet's seven studio albums."

The press release?

Pitchfork quotes from the release: "extended, varied sets exploring material from each of the accomplished Chicago sextet's seven studio albums."

thanks. I missed that.