No 2010 calendar

I sent an e-mail to Kung Fu and rcvd this response :(

I just got word that there will be no 2010 Wilco calendar. Sorry to disappoint.

Best,

Annick

Customer Service

Kung Fu Inc

info@kungfunation.com

Well, this might be a long shot, but there are a ton of photogs around these parts that have taken some pretty sweet shots at shows, right? Why not make a VC sponsored calendar? If someone could get permission, it might be a good way for the VC Zazzle store to get some revenue and support the board.

Here is one that I made and it is selling pretty nicely.

steel_and_steam_calendar-p1585968851223296062vqvs_325.jpg

It's available in my Zazzle shop.

I can help with assembly, etc., if required.

Anyway,

dcd

I've already sent a PM to dcd about this, but VC will be adding a calendar to our zazzle store. Not Wilco-themed, but we've got plenty of talented photographers around here who take beautiful shots of everything under the sun, and we're hoping to show them off.

Check out the thread in TTL for details. :)

Perhaps there are excess copies of last year's calendar and to sell the remaining stock Wilco is calling 2009 a "do over."

There are a couple days in 2009 I could do over ..

Feb 13 . . . the day I wore those low riser Gap jeans (not good for someone with a mushy waist line)

April 8 . . . Over doing it on the white wine at the office get together (my boss still looks at me funny.)

July 4 . . . let's just say I thought the fuse on that firework was a little longer

September 18 the day I went off my diet big time at the all you can eat Chinese Buffet. Those low risers barely make it up to my shins.

November 23. . . The day I watch Funny People OnDemand cos I thought there was footage of a Wilco concert. 2 and a half hours I'll never get back.

I'MMA MAKE MY OWN WILCO CALENDAR!!! It'll be one of those ones where each day has a page ... and a quote from a Wilco song!!!

January 1: I dreamed about killing you again last night!

Everyone knows Wilco's calendars aren't edgy anymore, anyway. If there were a 2010 calendar, it wouldn't be nearly as good as that calendar they put out in 2002. It would probably be regular white paper with tired black ink and black and white pictures. And they would have to use large type so all the dad rockers could read it.

I'MMA MAKE MY OWN WILCO CALENDAR!!! It'll be one of those ones where each day has a page ... and a quote from a Wilco song!!!

January 1: I dreamed about killing you again last night!

January 2: Why would you wanna live...?

January 3: Every moment's a little bit later

January 4: You have to learn to die before you want to want to be alive

Shoot. I guess I can "re-cycle" my one from 2009. It's not like I can read anything on the grid, anyway.

Here's an interesting fact: Calendars are identical (day and date, not Holidays) every 28 years. So 2009 will be perfectly accurate in 2037.

Agreed. While the 2009 had some good images in it, I didn't care much for the "split-flip" design (mine never did hang straight). More annoyingly, the calendar itself was unreadable unless you were within a few feet of it (good for a desk calendar, not so good for a wall calendar)...