I totally dig Gorillaz. I'm not the biggest fan of hip-hop, but I can listen to Gorillaz and easily enjoy it. Plus, it's not mindless, crappy rap/rock like Kid Rock or Linkin Park. I didn't know how much I would like Plastic Beach the first time i heard Stylo, but I am digging it now that I've seen the video. Its also interesting to see how more realistic the Gorillaz look.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Gorillaz are getting ready to announce all 20 dates for a US tour in October. Any thoughts that I had that this band was a side-project for Damon Albarn were blown away by the breadth and quality of "Plastic Beach". An added bonus on stage will be the presence of Mick Jones and Paul Simonon of the Clash and hopefully the imperious Bobby Womack and maybe even Lou Reed for those who the show in NYC. Can't wait. My friends who went to Coachella this year said they were the highlight for Saturday.

Date City Venue

October 3rd Montreal, QC Bell Centre

October 5th Wallingford, CT Oakdale Theatre

October 6th Boston, MA Agganis Arena

October 8th New York, NY Madison Square Garden

October 10th Camden, NJ Susquehanna Bank Center

October 11th Washington, DC Patriot Center

October 13th Detroit, MI Fox Theatre

October 14th Toronto, ON Air Canada Centre

October 16th Chicago, IL UIC Pavilion

October 17th Minneapolis, MN Target Center

October 19th Houston, TX Toyota Center

October 20th Dallas, TX Verizon Theatre

October 22nd Austin, TX Frank Erwin Center

October 24th Denver, CO Wells Fargo Theatre

October 26th Phoenix, AZ Dodge Theatre

October 27th Los Angeles, CA Gibson Amphitheatre

October 30th Oakland, CA Oracle Arena

November 2nd Seattle, WA Key Arena

November 3rd Vancouver, BC Rogers Arena

sucks that tickets are $50-100 before TM fees :(

Ouch. Really?

I was considering paying the fee to join their fan-club to get access to better tix, but then I was worried that the fee might go directly to Neil Diamond.

I really want to see this show though...

I have a strong feeling tickets will go well below face on ebay as I can't picture any of the shows selling out. When they played the Apollo back during Deamon Days I remember scoring a $75 ticket for $30...

This is the route I am going....

On another note I am miffed at them for playing in Syria and Lebanon but boycotting Israel..seems hypocritical! :ermm

Anyone been to a Gorillaz show?

How's the crowd? Safe enough for a 9-year-old? Or (as I suspect there is) is there just a ton of pot smoke hovering in the air?

Anyone been to a Gorillaz show?

How's the crowd? Safe enough for a 9-year-old? Or (as I suspect there is) is there just a ton of pot smoke hovering in the air?

Seen them twice..once in 2001 and once in 2006..the shows I went to weren't too smokey from what I remember. I think it all depends on the venue more than anything. I say go for it!

Seen them twice..once in 2001 and once in 2006..the shows I went to weren't too smokey from what I remember. I think it all depends on the venue more than anything. I say go for it!

I am really damn tempted...

Thanks for the feedback.

Anyone else?

I am really damn tempted...

Thanks for the feedback.

Anyone else?

Gonna see them in Seattle or Oakland. Stoked. Fingers crossed Bobby Womack will be on stage. "Plastic Beach" is my favourite album of the year. The sweep of songs from about Rhinestone Eyes through Broken is peerless. Lots of variety on the album but at its core: electronic, psychedelic, soulful, melancholic pop. Not surprised it doesn't get more love here as it isn't all guitars and plaid shirt :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Can you imagine if they started playing Mwng on shit kicker AM radio?

Just what exactly do YOU mean by 'shit kicker'? Presumably, it is not a common term that Europeans use in a loving sense.