Final Letters to Santa living room show 5/16/09

here's the setlist for the final living room show. thanks to the hosts for doing such a wonderful job in opening up their home for this incredible experience & of course, thanks to jeff & sue for making this even possible!

the thanks i get

hoodoo voodoo

heavy metal drummer

hesitating beauty

california stars

pot kettle black

mountain bed

solitaire

can't keep from talking

love & mercy

radio king

laminated kat

shot in the arm

more like the moon

why would you wanna live

handshake drugs

airline to heaven

when the roses bloom

via chicago (accompanied by mac w/guitar & harmonica)

theologians

gun

muzzle of bees

how to fight the loneliness

i'll fight

you are my face

poor places

watch me fall

misunderstood

jesus, etc

passenger side

a fantastic time was had all around!!!

Watch Me Fall? Wow!

Hoodoo Voodoo solo right off early in the evening probably set up quite a fun mood! Thanks for the setlist!

But really, no potty break??? :lol

It's nice to see another group in the Letters To Santa family! I'm sure you all had an amazing time. How could you not? It's all good.

Just wanted to say thanks so much to Jeff and Sue Tweedy - and our fabulous hosts for this show. Rick and Nicole and I are still in stun mode, as those of you who have experienced this understand. I was grateful though that I did not say "You're Jeff Tweedy" or make other similar clever remarks. I did enjoy a discussion related to sausage races, something I had not heard about before, but Jeff spoke highly of and suggsted we check it out. http://www.wiscosotasports.com/2009/04/hom...elder-gets.html

Nicole and I did the poster and we had so much fun doing it, though much anxiety hoping everyone would like it. I think they did really, and people were kind to us about it anyhow!!

What beautiful beautiful music, lovely folks and lots of laughs. Great meories that I will cherish...

Hoping to see lots of our Wilco soul mates in the North east for multiple shows in July -

Well I have not posted in about a year, but this past weekend is worth a few words to say the least. Thank you all for having faith in ole oxbow to make it happen, and thanks to Susan and Jeff for agreeing to another night of giving back to children in Chicago at Christmas. The good karma keeps rolling into spring. It's all good. And can I just say our home was filled with such genuine, salt of the earth folks, long time friends and new, it was really special. Both nights were a great time, and everyone in our house is sad it's already over. Thanks for a great weekend! :)

Well, this weekend could not have been better. Unbelievably incredible. The city, the show, the people, the M&Ms...so much came out of these past couple of days and I'm really bummed that it's all over. I miss everyone already. Thanks a million to the Tweedys and the hosts, and all who pitched in to help make it happen.

It's also worth mentioning that we got a tiny bit of Beyonce's "Single Ladies" somewhere in the evening. Dance moves included.

-Dr. Freud

Edit: I think I miss Old Style the most.

I did enjoy a discussion related to sausage races, something I had not heard about before, but Jeff spoke highly of and suggsted we check it out.

Ah, yes. The sausage races. I wish I had known there were special guests in the sausages that night--I would watched more closely from my seat vs. the kids play area. I can't help but root for the poor chorizo, underdog that he is.

Laurie, let's see the poster! So glad you had a fabulous time. I look forward to hearing more about it. :cheers

Well, this weekend could not have been better. Unbelievably incredible. The city, the show, the people, the M&Ms...so much came out of these past couple of days and I'm really bummed that it's all over. I miss everyone already. Thanks a million to the Tweedys and the hosts, and all who pitched in to help make it happen.

It's also worth mentioning that we got a tiny bit of Beyonce's "Single Ladies" somewhere in the evening. Dance moves included.

-Dr. Freud

Edit: I think I miss Old Style the most.

Not to mention some very funny comments about lawsuits.

Thank you so much to the hosts, the Tweedy's and guests. Wonderful people all.

It was all better than I could have imagined.

Thanks to our great hosts for opening their beautiful home to us. Thanks to Sue and Jeff for going above and beyond. Thanks to our poster designers (soon as i get that framed, i promise to send you a shot of it in the "poster room"). Thanks to the lady next store forn not yelling when my cab DID turn around in her driveway. :-) Thanks to everyone who "worked" the show.

Thanks, thanks, thanks.

-Florida Laura

Well I have not posted in about a year, but this past weekend is worth a few words to say the least. Thank you all for having faith in ole oxbow to make it happen, and thanks to Susan and Jeff for agreeing to another night of giving back to children in Chicago at Christmas. The good karma keeps rolling into spring. It's all good. And can I just say our home was filled with such genuine, salt of the earth folks, long time friends and new, it was really special. Both nights were a great time, and everyone in our house is sad it's already over. Thanks for a great weekend! :)

You're awesome, Maggie!

• 4 weeks later...

THANK YOU sweetie! My daughter and I did it together and it was so much fun. Jeff and Sue were very kind to Nicole and made her feel so special too re poster. We are soo grateful for these memories.

L

Wow, great poster! I truly feel that the living room shows have had some of the best posters I've seen.