living room shows

Does anyone know if the latest living room show took place already? Is there any music available from it? If it didn't happen yet, is it possible to get in? Just saw Jeff in Champaign, IL and he was GREAT!

None of the 4 shows have taken place yet. I know ours is full and even has a waiting list. You should come to Chicago for the weekend of Feb 13&14 and go to the two charity fundraisers at The Vic if you can, because those are seriously fun shows ... next best thing to a living room show IMO! You won't regret it!

None of the 4 shows have taken place yet. I know ours is full and even has a waiting list. You should come to Chicago for the weekend of Feb 13&14 and go to the two charity fundraisers at The Vic if you can, because those are seriously fun shows ... next best thing to a living room show IMO! You won't regret it!

Thanks! I actually live right outside of Chicago so I see Jeff and/or Wilco as much as possible. Saw his charity show at the Vic last year and it was awesome. Champaign was a bit more intimate which was cool. What are the dates of the living room shows? I'd really like to try to get into one if at all possible.

Before any jokers come in here and start giving you fake dates and addresses ( :wave :wub ) I'll be honest with you ... I admire (and share!) your passion about attending a living room show, and recommend you go to the upcoming Vic shows because, as you know, they are always outstanding, and then in the fall when the next auction season starts brewing, re-post here with your continued interest to be asked into a group and you (anyone) will have a MUCH greater chance then, okay? You're just a little late for this year's round of parties. Save your dough, they're not cheap, but realize the money goes 100% to people in desperate situations!

Guest Gym Teacher Man
Before any jokers come in here and start giving you fake dates and addresses ( :wave :wub ) I'll be honest with you ... I admire (and share!) your passion about attending a living room show, and recommend you go to the upcoming Vic shows because, as you know, they are always outstanding, and then in the fall when the next auction season starts brewing, re-post here with your continued interest to be asked into a group and you (anyone) will have a MUCH greater chance then, okay? You're just a little late for this year's round of parties. Save your dough, they're not cheap, but realize the money goes 100% to people in desperate situations!

i think i asked this once before and people didn't like it, but how expensive are these shows? split 30 ways or whatever, how much does it cost? i know the money goes to charity and i believe the shows are auctioned off, but just wondering.

This is a good thread to read for info, plus Jules left some other links to check out.

http://forums.viachicago.org/index.php?showtopic=38365

Here's the historical stats from past auctions, although I can't say how accurate the earlier numbers are. The last 2 auctions I attended, so I know they're correct. So you can do your own projections here about what may happen in the future. Our group shares equally in raising the money (i.e. we divide by 30) ... other groups may not.

Auction 2004 - ?

Auction 2005 - $12,000 (doing 2 shows @ 20 people/show) I might need correction on this one

Auction 2006 - $17,500 (doing 3 shows @ 30 people/show)

Auction 2007 - $20,000 (doing 3 shows @ 30 people/show)

Auction 2008 - $23,000 (doing 4 shows @ 30 people/show)

As a long time watcher, first time poster, I'm curious about these living room shows and what is required of the host...more specifically:

1) How do you go about contacting the management about having one at your house.

2) Is there a minimum/maximum amount of people allowed to attend

3) Can it be an outside / backyard gig rather than living room?

4) Does the price change with # of shows and # of people attending?

I'm in the Philly area and would love to have one if possible, but if they're 23000.00/show, I'd have to invite more than 30 people to spread the cost out and make it affordable for my guests. Thanks in advance...

As a long time watcher, first time poster, I'm curious about these living room shows and what is required of the host...more specifically:

1) How do you go about contacting the management about having one at your house.

I'm in the Philly area and would love to have one if possible, but if they're 23000.00/show, I'd have to invite more than 30 people to spread the cost out and make it affordable for my guests. Thanks in advance...

I answered this, but then realized the thread Wendy linked includes all of the information I just retyped! So:

This is a good thread to read for info, plus Jules left some other links to check out.

http://forums.viachicago.org/index.php?showtopic=38365

Did you read the other threads that were posted? The answer to most of your questions are in there.

I did look and thank you for directing me to those links...if you don't mind, I do have some questions that I didn't find the answer to:

1) So these things are on an auction basis, right? How do you know when the auctions are being / going to be held?

2) Does Jeff have to be in your area in order to be considered for a show (ie: does he have to have a full Wilco show in Philly to consider playing a Philly Living Room show)?

3) Is this a "Jeff is going to play some living room shows, let the bidding begin..." kind of thing?

4) Who do we contact to get in on an auction?

Did you read the other threads that were posted? The answer to most of your questions are in there.

I do think you'd find the answers to most of these questions if you searched the links, but just for the sake of wrapping this up:

1. Come back here in November/December, and watch for a thread about this to pop up. In past years, the auctions have been done at Second City, in Chicago, in early/mid December. The Second City show is usually referred to as the "Letters to Santa" fundraiser.

2. The shows are all in the Chicago area. Jeff does them on his time off from Wilco, not as part of a Wilco or solo tour. So, you really need someone in your group to be in the Chicago area, and willing/able to host a show for thirty people. Also, everyone in your group has to be willing and able to travel to Chicago (and agree on a date that is also agreeable to Jeff and Susan).

3. The bidding happens at the time of Jeff's appearance at the Second City show. You need to have someone from your group there, money in hand, to bid.

4. You can organize your own bidding group between now and next December, or as stated above, you can post here sometime next fall that you're interested, and try then to get in on a group that someone else is organizing.

Hope that helps!

3. The bidding happens at the time of Jeff's appearance at the Second City show. You need to have someone from your group there, money in hand, to bid.

This merits additional emphasis. The money must be collected beforehand. Obviously this makes bidding interesting, because if you haven't collected enough money and the bid leaves you in the dust, well, you're out of luck. It helps to have someone who's willing and able to kick in extra at the last minute, though such people aren't always easy to find.