Finding Living Room Shows

Cool. Thanks all. I'm just trying to figure out the process. Do I show up to Second City with a wad of bills and hope someone needs an extra person to pitch in or are they open to all to donate at a set level or more? From some of these posts, it also looks like some folks don't pay but are just lucky enough to know someone. Anyway, I'll just have to go next December. Thanks!

It might behoove you to pipe up about your interest sometime around early November(?), so when people are assembling their groups, they think of you. There will probably be threads about this, but if not, start one at that time.

As I understand it, the money is due at the time of the auction, so these groups are put together in advance and all the money is collected prior to the auction.

Weren't they something like $24,000 per show this year?

If that's the case it sounds like the winning bid"s" did not increase in proportion to the years before. They had been growing quite a bit.....as far as I know but I may not be correct.......I'm going back to sleep now. :thumbup

Yes, it increased, actually a good percentage over the prior year, especially in light of the economy tanking. Jeff Tweedy is recession-proof! :thumbup

Auction 2004 - ?

Auction 2005 - $12,000 (doing 2 shows @ 20 people/show) I might need correction on this one

Auction 2006 - $17,500 (doing 3 shows @ 30 people/show)

Auction 2007 - $20,000 (doing 3 shows @ 30 people/show)

Auction 2008 - $23,000 (doing 4 shows @ 30 people/show)

:cheekkiss back at you Wendy!!!

so this is affordable with some foresight and planning.........

Find a group and fund it for approximate amount (max bid/2 people)

RT Seattle-Chicago airfare tickets

A couch at VC denzien's abode.......e.g. (Kevin's in Madison.....well-stocked fridge

:cheers from well documented rumours....)

food

and good times had by all.....

Hmmmmm.......

-Robert