Sopranos Final Episode In-depth Theory

I would have put this in the old Sopranos thread but it's been locked.

This is a very extensive look into the theory that Tony was killed in the final episode through a frame-by-frame analysis of the diner scene. It includes the camera angles Chase used, other customers and their significance/lack of, the meaning of Meadow's absence, etc.

Pretty interesting read if you are a fan of the show and perhaps some logic to those whom have expressed frustration over the final episode/scene:

http://masterofsopranos.wordpress.com/the-...ion-of-the-end/

i agree with the theory, at least very basically.

but i still don't like it for the ending of the greatest show ever.

See, I liked the ending just fine- prior to buying into this theory. The theory and it's rationale sits well with me, even moreso now. I think it's an excellent ending and makes excellent sense.

I haven't read through much of this, but it looks really interesting. I wonder if it addresses my #1 lingering question - who had Tony whacked?

It does go into some of the people he's whacked as well as enemies who may have set up this hit.

Guest Moses
See, I liked the ending just fine- prior to buying into this theory. The theory and it's rationale sits well with me, even moreso now. I think it's an excellent ending and makes excellent sense.

i just don't like that all anyone ever talks about anymore with regards to the sopranos is the last 5 or so minutes. the initial like 70 hours of the show were hands down the best collective 70 hours of television devoted to one show. and all we talk about is the last scene.

at that, i still actually like the scene. i wasn't ever pissed. i wasn't ever really confused. granted, i didn't develop an absurdly long, extremely in-depth analysis of the final scene, but i just assumed he died. i remember talking about the show with my mom and brother the next day and all of us kind of agreeing that the scene shows how little tony is aware of the danger he's brought upon himself, and that the dude in the member's only jacket kills him.

i just can't say that it's an excellent ending - although i'm glad you can. to me, it seemed to ambiguous an ending for a show that didn't highlight ambiguity.