The latest Ryan Adams thread

This is the first long Ryan Adams thread.

... and this is where you'll find the 2nd long Ryan Adams thread

http://forums.viachicago.org/topic/41648-the-latest-ryan-adams-thread-v2-0/

So I pretty much lost interest in his recorded output a while back. KEXP has been playing his cover of Down In A Hole. Say what you want about the guy, but he's got a set of pipes.

http://hypem.com/track/408030

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was just listening to this EP on the drive in this morning.

I wouldn't call Down in a Hole the highlight of the record by any means.

Blue Hotel, this latest;(and arguably better) version of If I Am A Stranger and Dear John all, IMHO trump it.

Dear John is fantastic.

Ryan get's alot of crap for releasing too much material, but the $4.99 I spent for this EP at the Electric Fetus was well worth it. Seven songs for five bucks, not to bad, hell it could have been just Blue Hotel, Down in a Hole and Dear John and it would have been worth it to me.

here's an update from the man himself, via the Ryan Adams Archive:

1. THERE IS A NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHING.....yes, you heard it here. it is now basically post development, just moving some stuff around. there will be a link to the old ship for the sentimental. Im excited.

2. POLL question....are you guys cool with two sets like its been going> i found a guy that does magic but it could be weird, and more over, i think it gives us lots of time together not to have an opener. although it takes education the uninitiated here and there.....whatever......no poll.

3. new projects.

there is something (METAL) that has to do with my favorite metal (possibly any) band of all time stirring in the world of possibility. I am keeping my fingers crossed but dont be suprised if you hear about it soon It is just what it is and no, i am not going on tour forever with a metal band its just something.

4. THE CARDINALS and RYAN ADAMS

as far as I know, The Cardinals will be working on our new record in Paris, France just as soon as our west coast tour wraps.

It will be, as of right now, called THE CARDINALS III/IV.

it will contain songs by the Cardinals BUT I will be happy to reveal the vocal duties of songs, and the balance, will be between Neal and myself on this new record. That may be a long player, i dunno. As it stands III/ IV (alpha/omega) will reflect the Cardinals you hear live, during those two set nights. Only there will be songs of Neals now and some of mine But we write together and what we dont write together goes through such tough arrangement decisions and re-direction that I think we can all agree and the band certainly do, they are CARDINALS tunes and that is how that is. So YAY. fuck yeah. TWO vocalists.

also, not to stir or rock the boat, but an additional member may be coming to our camp, a new person to level out the keys side of things but it isnt concrete enough to give you any hints. If it doesnt happen fear not, we are terrible but charming at the paino.

As for a solo record, I am making a RYAN ADAMS record in my own time next year but it is not the kind you will be used to. I want to make a record with strings, an old style crooner record (no not cheesy) but something like For Only The Lonely if it had been made at Tuff Gong or something. beats more rooted in soul and dance hall and real soul style.

If or when I tour that Im gonna wear a suit, stand at an old microphone, play those places, comb my hair before, and melt old womens hearts all across the globe.

That the scoop.

Thats the skinny.

For the Cardinals, and for my small part of the island of manhattan, i wish you the warmest of autumn nights.

its my pleasure to share the wonders of music and the possibilities of new ideas with you.

STAY STRONG and REACH FOR THE LIGHTS>

r.a.

I'm quite psyched to see, that Neal and Ryan, will be co-writing and splitting vocals for the next Cardinals album.

The guy is batshit crazy, but man, I am happy he is.

:lol

He's music's mad scientist for sure. Watch his self-made videos created while on tour only if you dare (YouTube has them). It seems he had a lot of time on his hands.

:lol

He's music's mad scientist for sure. Watch his self-made videos created while on tour only if you dare (YouTube has them). It seems he had a lot of time on his hands.

Link?

Alright, but you've been warned. Very weird, very amateur, it's very clear they have a lot of time to kill on the road, goofing off and filming it. If you have time to kill too, you're in the right place.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQpU_2f7h3s

There's one for you.

Click here to search for more by HORION74 (aka Ryan Adams)

I Like You (You Rock)