Good news for U2 fans..

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Since no one else has yet, I figured I’d share my experience seeing U2 at the Sphere in Las Vegas last week. (I’m a little behind as I was traveling after the weekend and busy with catching up on work

Yep, they botched Staring At The Sun on the opening night of the PopMart Tour in 1997 and since then they have only played it acoustically. Stay (Faraway, So Close!) & Stuck In A Moment You Can’t

I enjoy the Monster record - but I was not a huge fan of the live show on the cd deluxe edition -- enjoyed the music on the live set, but I thought Stipe's vocals were off -- to much straining, from w

Posted Images

i see the deluxe double disc versions of several of their albums pretty frequently - how happy were you (anyone who bought it) with them?

I bought the deluxe Joshua Tree - it was definitely worth it. Just the other day I was just reading the accompanying hard cover volume that comes with it. And the DVD has a July 4 '87 show in Paris, which is excellent, along with a documentary from '87 which I remember seeing on MTV. My only issue is they didn't stuff all the music videos on it. Just Red Hill Mining Town (which is horrendous) and With Or Without You.

Aren't they supposed to reissue Achtung Baby sometime this year, too? I need to replace my copy (this will be at least my third, maybe my fourth copy of it), but I'm trying to hold off for the remaster.

I'm looking forward to the UF remaster, much more than I did any of the others. I have the super deluxe version of the Joshua Tree, but I still haven't gotten around to getting the first three albums. I know I will eventually, but I feel like there's no rush.

I still have that Boston ticket up for grabs if anyone's interested. At this point, The set lists from the two Chicago shows looked stellar, so I'm feeling worse and worse about having to miss these shows.

According to this site: www.u2portugal.com

CD Principal e Vinil 12":

- A Sort Of Homecoming

- Pride (In The Name Of Love)

- Wire

- The Unforgettable Fire

- Promenade

- 4th Of July

- Bad

- Indian Summer Sky

- Elvis Presley & America

- MLK

CD Bonus:

- 11 O'Clock Tick Tock (Unreleased Version)

- Bass Trap

- Boomerang I

- Boomerang II

- Love Comes Tumbling

- 60 Seconds In Kingdom Come

- The Three Sunrises

- Sunday Bloody Sunday (Live Live Aid)

- Bad (Live Live Aid) [following three tracks must be snippets]

- Walk On The Wild Side

- Ruby Tuesday

- Satellite Of Love

- Disappearing Act (Unreleased Track)

- Yoshino Blossom (Unreleased Track)

DVD:

- Dormund Westfallhen November 1984

- The Barry Devlin Slane Document [what]

- U2 At Cospiracy Of Hope

- U2 At Live Aid

- Unforgettable Fire Ducumer (Barry Delvin)

A little disappointed they didn't include the 2 live tracks from "Wide Awake in America": Bad (Live from Birmingham, UK) and A Sort of Homecoming (Live from Wembley).

Wow, the bonus material for that looks excellent. I'll definitely be asking for the super deluxe version for Christmas. I was never a big fan of The Three Sunrises, but I'm disappointing Love Comes Tumbling isn't included, though that's just about all that's missing.

U2 will be back next summer, I think. I'll catch them then if at all possible. I think I really only want to see U2 one more time. All I want is to get to hear Bad live. It's been my favorite song since I was 14, and even though it was on the set list for two of the four shows I saw on the last tour, they never played it. For a long time, I thought that and Ashes of American Flags were going to be the two songs I was never going to get to hear live, until I finally got to hear Ashes in St. Louis last year (during my first time ever being in the front row for a concert). I doubt I'll ever get a more perfect concert moment than that, but finally getting to hear Bad would be pretty special.

Sounds like Bono gave Wilco a shout out on Sunday at Soldier Field.

http://www.glidemagazine.com/hiddentrack/review-u2-shine-at-soldier-field/

>Bono gave props to local heroes Wilco by singing the line “kiss and ride on the cta” from Far Far Away before launching into Beautiful Day. It was a subtle shout out, but none the less Bono recognized that even though U2 can sell out Soldier Field, Chicago is still Wilco’s town.

Sounds like Bono gave Wilco a shout out on Sunday at Soldier Field.

http://www.glidemagazine.com/hiddentrack/review-u2-shine-at-soldier-field/

>Bono gave props to local heroes Wilco by singing the line “kiss and ride on the cta” from Far Far Away before launching into Beautiful Day. It was a subtle shout out, but none the less Bono recognized that even though U2 can sell out Soldier Field, Chicago is still Wilco’s town.

Awesome. Reminds me of that clip of Jay playing part of Sunday Bloody Sunday between songs. http://www.wilcobase.com/event.php?event_key=510

Here's the clip from Soldier Field. Bono is so cheesy, but i love him.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the final official track listing. It's not the same as what I posted earlier.

The Unforgettable Fire Bonus Audio CD.

Disappearing Act

A Sort of Homecoming (live)

Bad (live)

Love Comes Tumbling

The Three Sunrises

Yoshino Blossom

Wire (Kervorkian Remix)

Boomerang I

Pride (In The Name of Love)

A Sort of Homecoming

11 O'Clock Tick Tock

Wire (Celtic Dub Mix)

Bass Trap

Boomerang II

4th of July

Sixty Seconds in Kingdom Come

As the comments on our earlier story have been suggesting, The Unforgettable Fire - with the arrival of Brian Eno and Danny Lanois in the studio - has a special place in the heart for many fans and a lot of the tracks on this bonus CD have been unavailable for a long time.

Two of the titles from those Slane Castle sessions have never been available: 'Yoshino Blossom', and 'Disappearing Act', which the band recently completed. A Sort of Homecoming and Bad are live versions, from The Unforgettable Fire Tour that were on the highly sought after collectors item EP Wide Awake in America.

The version of 11 O'Clock Tick Tock was the b-side to 'Pride (In The Name of Love)' while Wire (Celtic Dub Remix) was previously on 7" vinyl given away free with NME in May 1985.

And The Unforgettable Fire DVD Collection looks like this:

The Unforgettable Fire

Directed by Meiert Avis

Bad

Directed by Barry Devlin

Pride (In The Name Of Love)

Directed by Donald Cammell

A Sort Of Homecoming

Directed by Barry Devlin

The Making Of The Unforgettable Fire - documentary

Directed by Barry Devlin

Additional Material

U2 at A Conspiracy Of Hope Concert

1. MLK

2. Pride (In The Name Of Love)

3. Bad

Recorded live at Giants Stadium, New Jersey, USA, 15th June 1986

U2 at Live Aid

1. Sunday Bloody Sunday 2. Bad

Recorded live at Wembley Stadium, 13th July 1985

Pride (In The Name Of Love) - Sepia version

Directed by Donald Cammell

11 O'Clock Tick Tock - Bootleg version

Live from Croke Park, Dublin, Ireland, 29th June 1985

FROM THE ROLLING STONE COVER STORY EXTRAS (I got a kick out of this):

On Roger Moore and Jay-Z

Bono: I had a great one where I was in Monte Carlo sitting in a pizza joint, and some very broad-shouldered

in suits with strong American accents came up and explained that Mr. Jay-Z and the lovely Beyoncé were in the

grill room, if I wanted to drop by. I may have even recommended the grill room to them. I said it was a kind

invitation, but I'm really not dressed for that kind of thing, it's a very posh place. He came back 15 minutes

later and said, "Mr. Jay-Z has organized it so that would not be a problem."

I said, "I know the very strict dress code there," because I've come up against it over the years,

"And tell him thank you very much for that, but ..."

The third time he came back and he said, "He has the manager waiting." I then looked over and I saw Roger Moore,

and he said, "Hello," and I said, "How are you doing?" and he said, "Great, what are you doing?"

I said, "I'm off to see a friend of mine called Jay-Z at the grill room."

He said, "Jay-Z?"

I said, "He's a great rapper."

His wife said, "What is a rapper?"

"Well, it's hard to explain in a moment, but it's kind of about words and rhythm," I said. Then I asked them

if they'd like to say hello, knowing that if I arrived with Roger Moore, there's no way, even if it all went

wrong, there's no way they're going to throw me out. He's the sharp-dressed man of sharp-dressed men, and he's

with his beautiful wife. So we walk up, and sure enough, there's the manager: "How are you doing?"

I walk up, we go up to the room, which I love, this beautiful room. The roof opens there, and it's where Ava

Gardner and Frank Sinatra used to hang out. I know it very well, and sometimes I go there, but I'm here now

in a vest and jeans, looking like Jay-Z's mechanic, and I walk in, and there's a whole bunch, there's Beyoncé,

Lyor Cohen, and I just hear, "It's motherfuckin' James Bond! It's James Bond, I'm hanging out with James Bond!"

I just think, "What?" Then it just all starts to make sense to me. Hip-hop is so James Bond — the cars, the planes,

the suits, the dresses, the guns, and I had no idea. It was like bringing Picasso to a bunch of painters.

• 3 weeks later...

I saw this on Billboard.com this morning:

U2 and YouTube have teamed up to broadcast a live stream of the band's Los Angeles concert this weekend via its YouTube channel. The Sunday, Oct. 25 show is taking place at the Rose Bowl for those paying to attend, but will be free for any fan wishing to tune in from the 16 countries supported.

This is YouTube's second effort at live-streaming concerts. In August, it aired portions of the Outside Lands music festival, and the U2 show will be the first start-to-finish live stream. Like other live concert streams, portions will be archived and available for streaming after the event.

U2's Youtube Channel

Interesting about Edge's guitars and stage setup.

His guitar tech strings his guitars for every show...is that normal?

http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/u2-exclusive-the-edges-stage-setup-revealed-223342

Yeah it is pretty normal. The last two pages listing all his equipment and guitars are great. Thanks for the link.