PSA: Sopranos on tonight

I have avoided all articles with any spoilers and there have been many of them. alls I know is that this better be better than the last season, of which this is the continuation of...

please discuss. :twitchsmile

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, I thought that was pretty good. I knew that Monopoly had to lead up to something.

pretty obvious that Bobby is going to go down though.

Yeah, after his comment about DNA, I figured he'd end up in a situation where exactly that would nail him. Then that kid ripped the front of his shirt and he didn't do anything about it. The fact that it was happened in Canada might work in his favor, though.

I thought it was a good episode, but I can't stand Janice, so episodes that feature her so prominently are never my favorite. I'm rather hoping that both Janice and A.J. end up dead before the series concludes -- don't like either character.

We don't have DNA here in Canada!

I thought it was one of the better "quiet" episodes they've done. A tight focus on the Sopranos and the Baccalieris, lots of character development and maybe even a bit of foreshadowing with regards to Tony's RICO case. I've always seen the series ending with a life sentence for T, and I think that's where we're headed...

I thought it was a good episode, but I can't stand Janice, so episodes that feature her so prominently are never my favorite.

she is rather toxic. Bobby used to be so meek and mild. now look at him. I can't believe he punched Tony like that. alcohol causes all kinds of problems. :twitchsmile

That was a pretty intense episode. I never expected that fight, and I was a little surprised Tony didn't actually just go ahead and whack Bobby when they went on that ride. Just when he was looking like he might be made a captain ...

It wasn't one of my favorite episodes -- it seemed to drag in a few spots, esp. the scenes between Janice and Carmela. But I enjoyed how the tension kept building through the Monopoly scene, with all the alcohol flowing, and Tony snitching cash from the bank and provoking Janice and Bobby. There's nothing funnier than when Tony keeps picking at somebody's scabs like that.

I was pretty disappointed in the Entourage premiere -- the party scene, after all that buildup, was kind of pointless and anticlimactic, except for the intrigue of Ari and the Medellin script. I still love Johnny Drama, but he needs to stop ending every sentence with "Bro." Turtle seems like the only character who's grown at all.

Not only did the tension build through Monopoly, but from the moment they got to the lake house. Whether the kids were going to drown, there was a sense of discomfort.

The DNA could be an issue in several ways - was any of Tony's blood or sweat still on Bobby?

Will Bobby get caught and bring down Tony?

Is Bobby in a position where he has to whack Tony?

No Chrisapherr

It was actually a pretty funy episode.

Man, the brief glimpse we got of Chrissy calling Tony to wish him a belated happy birthday had me howling after T just hung up on him. It was a funny episode, even with the sense of dread throughout.

edit: Just remembered my sign-on name. I think I was watching a lot of season two on dvd when I registered. That episode where Ade signs him up for an 'acting-for-screenwiters' class was hilarious.

I would be very interested in downloading this episode for my ipod, any info? My system Admin. put the kybosh on my bit torrent activities here at work. I would happily purchase said episode, itunes and HBO.com does not seem to have it? Does anyone know if it is available anywhere??

Thank you

MH

Tony received his birthday, er, socks...

What a birthday.

Finds out he is probably gonna be popped on a RICO charge, gets a hummer, gets a sweet set of golf clubs, gets reminded that his sainted dad was a nut too, gets a video casset of pleasant childhood memories, AND gets his ass kicked by his brother-in-law he is trying to learn to respect.

He probably could have done with more humming and less ass kicking.

I would be very interested in downloading this episode for my ipod, any info? My system Admin. put the kybosh on my bit torrent activities here at work. I would happily purchase said episode, itunes and HBO.com does not seem to have it? Does anyone know if it is available anywhere??

Thank you

MH

?????

We don't have DNA here in Canada!

I thought it was one of the better "quiet" episodes they've done. A tight focus on the Sopranos and the Baccalieris, lots of character development and maybe even a bit of foreshadowing with regards to Tony's RICO case. I've always seen the series ending with a life sentence for T, and I think that's where we're headed...

RICO statutes convictions can't exceed 20 years

Janice and Tony have the best passive-aggressive relationship ever scripted for a TV show. I'm not sure what they have in mind for Tony. Having him whacked seems almost too obvious- but someone's gotta drop. I could see AJ's meatheadedness leading to trouble for himself or his Dad. Either way, the show better not turn out to be dream taking place in Bob Newhart's head.

I need some Paulie and Sil next week!