New Star Wars Fan Choice figure revealed!

I love Star Wars, but not video games.....I am sure there is a good chunk of people like me who have no clue about this KOTOR stuff.....and the thing about those games is that you can't sit down and spend 2 hours and move on......they take up hours and hours and hours of time. I don't have time like that for a game, to watch a story. So, I can see why they don't do a whole line of toys for it - I doubt there'd be a huge market for them like there is for Star Wars movie related figures.

Yeah, I shun videogames that are substantially more complicated than Space Invaders.

the only kind of video games I like are Tetris, Mario Party or trivia type things.....

when I was a kid my friends all had video games and they would play and play and play and then it would be my turn, I would die in like 10 seconds and then they'd get a 30 min turn again......yeah, it was boring. :yawn Nothing more boring than watching someone else play a video game.

I love Star Wars, but not video games.....I am sure there is a good chunk of people like me who have no clue about this KOTOR stuff.....and the thing about those games is that you can't sit down and spend 2 hours and move on......they take up hours and hours and hours of time. I don't have time like that for a game, to watch a story. So, I can see why they don't do a whole line of toys for it - I doubt there'd be a huge market for them like there is for Star Wars movie related figures.

Cliffnotes version: Biography of Revan via wiki (spoilers).

Consider yourself schooled then. Spoilers inside, so you are warned.

And it is a popular title amoung Star Wars peeps especially those who like the Expanded Universe. It's actually been around for a while. IT was formerly known as Jedi Tales in the 80's and KOTOR now is a popular comic book series.

did I say he sucked? I was just giving an idea as to why they might not make figures from that series.

I like brian.....it was not intended to be personal. shit.

I was kidding, listen to some Zeppelin for a few minutes. I like Brian too and I like you as well, even though you live in the suburbs.

I didn't read any of them excpt for one Han Solo book, but they had a slew of offshoot books from the original trilogy that kept coming out all the way up to the new ones. It's pretty crazy.

How often do they do these fan choice figure? I honestly don't know. I know the past fan choices were pretty poor choices.I actually think that the fan choice should be off the beaten path characters, but cool ones.

This is the sixth official one. They started doing them in 2000, so they've averaged one poll a year. Here's a handy little guide on the previous Fan's Choice polls, if you'd like to know more.

If you haven't checked out KOTOR or Jedi Tales - they kick the original trilogies ass.

I did check out KOTOR, and got about halfway through it until I realized that it was boring me to tears. Even tried to get into it a couple more times, with similar results. Just ain't my thing. Neither is the Exhausted Universe in general, though, for that matter.

But the KOTOR series is pretty highly-regarded as far as SW games go--which really isn't that big of an accomplishment, given that most of the SW games in the last few years have been utter garbage.

well, honestly, I didn't want Brian to think I was taking a stab at him.....I thought maybe it was being read that way since you said that.

And yeah, I live in the suburbs. Got a problem with that?? :P

Don't you have a Cubs game to go to? The Cubbie fans were swarming on the Metra this morning at like 9am.......ouch. :P

• 3 years later...
Sure, he may have lost, but I'm still proud of Ice Cream Maker Guy. Nobody had any idea he even existed until my online buddy Scott founded that goofy website and petition, and several years later, he's one of the top-25 most wanted figures out there. For a total grassroots effort, that's pretty impressive, considering the amount of characters out there to choose from--most of whom have had a great deal more exposure than ol' Willrow could ever imagine. And I don't think we'll ever know the official results of the poll, but I bet that Willy had a nice turnout--who knows? Maybe even a good enough turnout to make Hasbro take notice.

ecg.gif

The ICMG is dead; long live the ICMG.

Thanks to everyone here who voted for him.

Three years later, and things have finally come full circle. The first-ever Willrow (Ice Cream Maker Guy) Hood action figure made his official debut at this weekend's San Diego Comic Con:

4jqpoj.jpg

He's due out later this Fall.

Thanks to everyone here who voted for him back in the day!