Misunderstood - 35 Nothings?

Forget The Flowers

Can't Stand It

A Shot In The Arm

First Encore

The Late Greats

Heavy Metal Drummer

Walken

ITMTLY - Glen prodded to do "the pose" pictures to follow tomorrow after sleep and work

Second Encore

California Stars - Jeff "we can kill and end"

Hate It Here

Kingpin - Livin in Bloomington

Hoodoo Voodoo - Great Solos once again by Nels and Pat

I'm A Wheel

Off 11:05

No new song, it was Bob Dylan's Beard. And yes, 35 nothings!! :worship

Jeff tried to do the windmill in "I'm a Wheel" but he's no Pat. :yay

And of course Kingpin --> Hoodoo Voodoo --> I'm a Wheel killed me. Some people around here have seen what those songs do to me... :dancing :dancing :dancing :dancing :dancing :dancing

...and all in a row, holy shit!! So happy to have made this my brother's first Wilco show!

My impression was that they mailed it in tonight, kids. Ashes and PKB were a treat, as always...and Dylan's Beard was a very nice surprise. But the encores were Wilco by numbers - very stock list of tunes. If it wasn't for Hoodoo Voodoo it would have been a washout, methinks. Maybe the blowout in Milwaukee had the boys a bit tired? I dunno.

Oh well, it was great seeing friends, old and new. Perfect weather as well.

My impression was that they mailed it in tonight, kids. Ashes and PKB were a treat, as always...and Dylan's Beard was a very nice surprise. But the encores were Wilco by numbers - very stock list of tunes.

I agree with this for the first part of the show, but I still danced up a storm with that killer encore that obviously erased my memory of earlier stuff. :lol

I was telling Wendy that A Shot in the Arm and one other song that I can't remember now felt very reserved. And did you notice that Jeff did the "conductor cuing the band to end the song" bit a lot tonight? I don't think I've ever seen him do that, and it happened 4 or 5 times tonight before I stopped paying attention to it.

Oh! Also loved Jeff's comments about the people up front who were texting the whole time: "Put the Twitter boxes away." But then he admitted they wouldn't be Twittering because they're young hip students and "Twitter is so January." :lol

And the rather profound statement (I think to the guy taking tons of pics? Someone with a better memory than me?) about how you think you've done so much great stuff but all your best thinking has only led you to this moment, so just enjoy it for what it is, because later you'll kick yourself if you miss it.

I made an impulse decision to go. At 10 a.m., I saw they were playing there, and got tickets (I am currently living in Urbana, so I was willing to make the drive). It was one of my better impulses.

The show was far from the best I've seen them. It started off a bit on the slow side, but they eased in and got more energetic as the night went on. "Bob Dylan's 49th Beard" was awesome, and "Hoodoo Voodoo."

Still, I have to ask, why are they touring right now? Money? Love of playing? They played no new material, with an album coming out in the next few months. It was a good show, but not their most inspired (they seem to like adding noise to more songs again). If it's for love of playing, they need to make a better argument than what they made in Bloomington.

I still had a great time, as it was a very enjoyable show anyway. The 70 miles worth of country roads (driving home was kind of awesome and creepy) were worth it.

No new song, it was Bob Dylan's Beard. And yes, 35 nothings!! :worship

I'm a fool... I would also agree "very stock list of tunes" but I heard Bob Dylans's Beard for the first time and all others were very good. This won't stop me from buying Cincy tickets next week in hopes of quite a few new songs there.

Jeff did ask how many in attendance were there almost 3 years to the date, then said "good, it's not that many we are playing the same set list" looks like he wasn't kidding. # of repeats = 14!

My brother and I definitely had a fun time at a great show. I agree that early-on they seemed kind of flat or subdued or...something. The encores really made up for it though. I am puzzled at the lack of new songs or some kind of change up. I don't see Wilco enough to be tired of hearing anything live (last night was my 4th show), so not a complaint, just wondering why they're holding back. We stuck around after the show and saw Pat (someone was nice enough to take our picture for us), John, and Glen, but I don't have much (any) conversation abilities around these guys, so didn't think to ask any intelligent questions.

Not to disagree, but if that's Wilco "mailing it in", then I'm happy to be a mailbox! Or something like that ... lol

Question for the people who took 10,000 camera phone pix - were you able to enjoy the show between pictures? :)

I was surprised by the lack of new songs, but whatever. My buddy is a fan of the pre-Yankee stuff (but also likes SBS), and a few songs in, I said, "Hope you've been boning up on the YHF and AGiB stuff ..." He appreciates those albums more after seeing Wilco last night and last summer in Indy. On the way out last night, he said, "I will never miss another Wilco show in Indy..."

I'm sure I saw a taper set up near the back where we were.

Do they allowing taping there? I've seen a few shows over the years there of groups that are usually pretty easy to find recording of (the Wilco show 3 years ago, Bela Fleck) but never had been able to

Do they allowing taping there? I've seen a few shows over the years there of groups that are usually pretty easy to find recording of (the Wilco show 3 years ago, Bela Fleck) but never had been able to

Not sure as this was my first show at the Auditorium, but you are correct that the 2006-04-17 show is not on http://www.owlandbear.com/ and Analogman does a great job of keeping us informed. Out of the 9 times I've seen Wilco, a couple haven't had tapers.

the 11th song that you have listed as "new" was "Bob Dylan's 49th Beard"

also, i counted 36 on misunderstood.

i thought the show was great. they really built it up nicely. it's great seeing pat coming in to his own on the keyboard and guitar. the "duel" with nels on "HooDoo VooDoo" was great.

Where were the new tracks??

I thought I counted 36 nothings, too?

Still not even close the the 50+ nothings they did in Ann Arbor in 2002 or so...

Not a bad show. Always fun to have all the sing along songs.

But this was my 13th (or so) show, and I've seen all these songs so many times before.

I wasn't too terribly disappointed by the guys not playing new songs, but probably just because I'd

read the Milwaukee reviews.

Oh well!

I have some photos and videos of the show to upload... from an actual camera, not a cell phone!

Regarding "Voodoo": I saw them play this in Indy last summer and my thought then was "Pat should NEVER try to duel Nels, Nels just wipes the floor with him" - but last night Pat held his own during the duel. Well done, Mr. Sansone. :thumbup

Regarding "Voodoo": I saw them play this in Indy last summer and my thought then was "Pat should NEVER try to duel Nels, Nels just wipes the floor with him" - but last night Pat held his own during the duel. Well done, Mr. Sansone. :thumbup

It looked like Pat was trying to come all the way across the stage to get in Nels' face, except his guitar cord wouldn't reach that far.