Ashes DVD- Full Concert Download 4/18

Anyone know exactly what's going on with the full concert download available on April 18th when you buy the Ashes DVD? I know all DVD's will have the option of downloading audio tracks from the film, but this seems like something different.

Can't tell if it will only be available at Wilco.net to those who have the DVD April 18th (including those who received it in preorder) or if the independent record stores will have some kind of voucher/coupon. This from www.recordstoreday.com:

"You

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know exactly what's going on with the full concert download available on April 18th when you buy the Ashes DVD? I know all DVD's will have the option of downloading audio tracks from the film, but this seems like something different.

Can't tell if it will only be available at Wilco.net to those who have the DVD April 18th (including those who received it in preorder) or if the independent record stores will have some kind of voucher/coupon. This from www.recordstoreday.com:

"You

so what is the word? the audio of the tracks from the DVD are available if you pre-order from wilcoworld.net but if you buy it on record store day or get to download a whole show (parts of which are on the DVD)... So surely you shouldn't have to buy 2 copies just to get the audio tracks and the free show!?!?! It's silly...

a question... where in philly is the DVD being stocked for record store day?? Anyone??

Sounds like the audio tracks from the DVD will be available on all versions- no matter how or when you buy it. The full concert dowload is a record store day only exclusive on 4/18. The question is how does that work? I can only think of 2 options: either it's only available on 4/18 from wilcoworld.net or the participating record stores will have a special code/voucher on that day only. The latter would be a pain seeing as the stores already have a lot going on that day and might not be prepared- plus it doesn't reward those who have pre-ordered.

Sounds like the audio tracks from the DVD will be available on all versions- no matter how or when you buy it. The full concert dowload is a record store day only exclusive on 4/18. The question is how does that work? I can only think of 2 options: either it's only available on 4/18 from wilcoworld.net or the participating record stores will have a special code/voucher on that day only. The latter would be a pain seeing as the stores already have a lot going on that day and might not be prepared- plus it doesn't reward those who have pre-ordered.

if it's a "reward" or an exclusive for Record Store Day, then it will probably only be available at said record stores.

if this is the case that there are 2 different extra reward thingys bu either ordering it form the band directly or at a store on the 18/4 I think I would rather a complete show as opposed to the audio tracks from the DVD. I'm going into a store next Saturday and picking one up personally.

I'm pretty sure if you get the DVD anywhere you will get audio tracks from the DVD. Historically Wilco World has put up and maintained bonus tracks for any of the releases which only require inserting the cd (or DVD) into your computer to access.

I'm pretty sure if you get the DVD anywhere you will get audio tracks from the DVD. Historically Wilco World has put up and maintained bonus tracks for any of the releases which only require inserting the cd (or DVD) into your computer to access.

Cool, thanks. I hope that's the case this time too.

We're talking about 2 different things. The audio tracks from the DVD will be available on all versions. That's not the issue. The issue is a separate download of a full concert is only available to those who buy it at an independent record store on 4/18. To me it doesn't sound like the full concert will be available to all. Check out www.recordstoreday.com. If someone finds more info please post. Thanks,

Matt

Guest Speed Racer

If people who pre-order get extras that other people don't, I don't think it's unreasonable for people who get the DVD at their LRS on Record Store Day get stuff that the other folks don't.

And please, it's not like you won't be able to get every single extra within three days from other VCers.

Guest Jules
If people who pre-order get extras that other people don't, I don't think it's unreasonable for people who get the DVD at their LRS on Record Store Day get stuff that the other folks don't.

And please, it's not like you won't be able to get every single extra within three days from other VCers.

:nailbite

The intention of this topic was to get info on the full concert download on Record Store Day. It's now turned into opinions, gripes, and gripes about griping. This is why I don't like posting in forums.

The intention of this topic was to get info on the full concert download on Record Store Day. It's now turned into opinions, gripes, and gripes about griping. This is why I don't like posting in forums.

Boy, you haven't spent a lot of time here, have you. Griping is fun. I'm griping about your post. :boff

Just answer the question you highy messed up freaks!!!

(I need to add the little copyright to that phrase.)