Whats the deal with ticket sales for the Beacon, NY show?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How come it doesn't say anyting at wilcoworld.net? I clicked the info link and its the only show that is not listed.

quoted from another thread...

QUOTE (bjorn_skurj @ Jan 27 2009, 12:41 PM)

Beacon info:

Tickets cost $45-75 and go on through a pre-sale at 10 a.m. Feb. 4 through www.wilcoworld.net. The tickets go on sale officially at 10 a.m. Feb. 7. Tickets costing $150 will also be available. These include a pre-concert reception, premium seating in the first five rows and a one-year Clearwater membership.

quoted from another thread...

QUOTE (bjorn_skurj @ Jan 27 2009, 12:41 PM)

Beacon info:

Tickets cost $45-75 and go on through a pre-sale at 10 a.m. Feb. 4 through www.wilcoworld.net. The tickets go on sale officially at 10 a.m. Feb. 7. Tickets costing $150 will also be available. These include a pre-concert reception, premium seating in the first five rows and a one-year Clearwater membership.

If this is supposed to be happening tommorow how come nothing has shown up yet?

From Wilcoworld (which I posted in the northeast shows thread yesterday):

Pre-Sale for Beacon High begins Wednesday, February 4 at 10 a.m. EST via MusicToday.

Public On Sale begins Saturday, February 7 at 10 a.m.

I'd call the sponsoring organization if there isn't information about how to buy tickets available by Friday. Also, MusicToday often doesn't have information about shows until not long before the presale begins, so nothing seems out of the ordinary to me.

i just got my 75 dollar tickets, i figured it would be sold out. theres no way i could leave it to chance and get them saturday. 75 is a little much, especially for a solo show. im sure itll be awesome though.

Tried for $75 couldn't even pull them up! on at 10am on the button. Did anyone get tickets? Is this a GA show...did they give you a row and seat number?!

:mellow

I was in right at 10:00 and got nothing. Will try again on the 7th I guess. Hopefully they'll have some $45 tickets then.

(nothing makes my heart beat fast like a wilco (et al) ticket purchase. i get so nervous!)

i just got my 75 dollar tickets, i figured it would be sold out. theres no way i could leave it to chance and get them saturday. 75 is a little much, especially for a solo show. im sure itll be awesome though.

Was the $75 ticket a GA ticket or a row and seat number? Is there a seating chart?

Tried for $75 couldn't even pull them up! on at 10am on the button. Did anyone get tickets? Is this a GA show...did they give you a row and seat number?!

:mellow

It's weird. Under the "More info" tab on MusicToday, it says it's GA. But I pulled up a couple of seats with row and seat numbers, so I'm assuming it has to be reserved seating. Also under that tab it said something about 15 people from the $150 section will be selected at random for a "pre-show meet-and-greet with Jeff Tweedy."

I pulled up one ticket right away at 10 and stupidly threw it back. Then I got locked out for a while. Still managed to snag one, though for what I presume is a worse seat than what I initially had. :thumbdown

I love (and have ridden on a couple times) the sloop Clearwater, but my car gets jealous if I spend large amount$ on anything but her.

Thanks for the update...hmph wonder how many the Auditorium holds?!

Not sure about that. I would have to guess that it's not tremendously big, being a high school auditorium and all, but beyond that I couldn't even guess at numbers. I also presume there are a certain number of tickets held back for people involved with the Hudson River Sloop Clearwater organization.

It would have been nice to be able to see a seating chart, though.

Good luck to all getting tickets on Saturday. I guess you can never underestimate Wilco's/Jeff's popularity in the Northeast. :pirate

I was in right at 10:00 and got nothing. Will try again on the 7th I guess. Hopefully they'll have some $45 tickets then.

(nothing makes my heart beat fast like a wilco (et al) ticket purchase. i get so nervous!)

I just went back in at 10:18 and got two $75 dollar tickets???? Sweet!

Whew, I got in on the presale! Perhaps my wife to be will spared having to go see Wilco on our honeymoon in Spain. (Though of course I still want to go.) Good luck to everyone if you didn't get in today. I was lucky enough to get tickets to see Jeff by himself once before at the Borough of Manhattan Community College Auditorium and it was nice and small and intimate. I'm only assuming a high school auditorium would be the same. Should be a great show.

I was able to get them no problem even with having to create a new account

row H

with assigned seats

PRICEY though

Hey Dmada, I got Row H too CR (which I assume means something like "Center Right" ) seat 118 and 120, perhaps we're sitting next to each other.