Wilco ryman documentary

Has anybody heard anything about a documentary from the ryman auditorium 3-3-08? Obviously, the show was awhile ago, but i've read in a few different reviews that the band had a rather large surplus of video camera's at the show. Just wondering if any of you chicago fans have heard anything about this. I drove from lexington, ky to that show and was sick as a dog. Spent most of the show with my head down resting on the seat in front of me. Certainly, I would love to see another wilco DVD released. Thanks.

Has anybody heard anything about a documentary from the ryman auditorium 3-3-08? Obviously, the show was awhile ago, but i've read in a few different reviews that the band had a rather large surplus of video camera's at the show. Just wondering if any of you chicago fans have heard anything about this. I drove from lexington, ky to that show and was sick as a dog. Spent most of the show with my head down resting on the seat in front of me. Certainly, I would love to see another wilco DVD released. Thanks.

they were filming at the DC 9:30 club show a few days earlier as well. might have even mentioned they were filming a dvd. anyone heard anything about either of these?

We ran into several of the camera-folks near us at the show, and they gave us the impression that they had been taping the past several shows at that point for some sort of project. I certainly hope the footage of the Ryman show surfaces before too long -- it was a fantastic show. The band really tends to go all out when it plays the Ryman -- the St. Patrick's Day, 2006 show was pretty amazing, too.

I was at the first 930 show, also saw the extensive video taping...

I was hoping for a DVD around the Holidays this year.

I gotta believe they decided to scrap whatever they were doing if it hasn't surfaced by now. Wouldn't make too much sense to release this next year when another CD is supposed to be ready.

Maybe the video will be offered as a bonus DVD with the CD? (Wishful Thinking?)

I was at the first 930 show, also saw the extensive video taping...

I was hoping for a DVD around the Holidays this year.

I gotta believe they decided to scrap whatever they were doing if it hasn't surfaced by now. Wouldn't make too much sense to release this next year when another CD is supposed to be ready.

Maybe the video will be offered as a bonus DVD with the CD? (Wishful Thinking?)

What would we be without wishful thinking? maybe it was intitially going to be the two shows mentioned, but as Obama gained steam they decided to film those functions and they're going to release those shows as a dvd! Probably not. I really want another wilco DVD!

What would we be without wishful thinking? maybe it was intitially going to be the two shows mentioned, but as Obama gained steam they decided to film those functions and they're going to release those shows as a dvd! Probably not. I really want another wilco DVD!

Maybe they are going the "Touring Band" format, ala Pearl Jam's release in 2000. They filmed every show on tour and took individual songs to create a quasi-setlist for the DVD, which turned out to be phenomenal, and well done. Wishful thinking is all we can hope for!

The camera crew was also at the Cain's Ballroom show in Tulsa earlier this year -- they interviewed and filmed several of us in line before the show. Apparently they were the same crew that filmed the "Sunken Treasure" DVD, and there were definitely plans at the time to release a multi-city live DVD. I haven't heard much about the projet since that show, though....hopefully it's still in the works. Not only would I love to have a new Wilco concert DVD, but I'm also hoping for a few seconds of Wilco-fame as they show the crowd in Tulsa!

The camera crew was also at the Cain's Ballroom show in Tulsa earlier this year -- they interviewed and filmed several of us in line before the show. Apparently they were the same crew that filmed the "Sunken Treasure" DVD, and there were definitely plans at the time to release a multi-city live DVD. I haven't heard much about the projet since that show, though....hopefully it's still in the works. Not only would I love to have a new Wilco concert DVD, but I'm also hoping for a few seconds of Wilco-fame as they show the crowd in Tulsa!

Me too!! I was at that show as well, right up front digging on Pat and John. Twas quite amazing and I'm so hoping that this thing actually happens...though I guess seeing them at Cain's again would be a sufficient substitution for a DVD.

there's your answer in bold - from Wilco HQ email Dec 23, 2008

Greetings friends,

As we hope you've noticed, we've been lying low on the emails, trying to avoid being part of the last-minute discount, order-now-before-the-holiday-crush deluge of spam that is presently blowing up your inbox.

That said, we do want to thank all of you out there for making this, yet again, a great year for Wilco. Thanks to you guys for supporting the band & the entire Wilco org. by continuing to turn up in droves at shows and frankly, for buying stuff. Your support makes everything possible.

We've got a lot to look forward to in to '09 -- many cool things on the horizon. First, we (w/ Nonesuch) will be releasing Wilco's first concert film/DVD, and despite the obvious negative connotations associated with that category, we think you'll really like this one. It's called "Ashes of American Flags" and was put together by our friends Brendan Canty and Christoph Green at Trixie Films (Sunken Treasure, Burn to Shine, etc.) Filming took place on the band's February '08 tour and includes material from Cain's Ballroom in Tulsa, The Ryman in Nashville, and more. "Ashes of American Flags" should hit store shelves and the internet in February/March '09. Look for clips and other information at Wilcoworld.net beginning in January.

Post-holidays, the band will head back to the loft to resume work on their next studio album which we suspect will see the light of day in Spring '09. Again more details, streams, photos etc. coming to the site soon. So hang in there.

Re: touring: Well, there's not much until Spring. Jeff Tweedy has a handful of solo shows in late January (Kalamazoo, MI; Champaign, IL; Ann Arbor, MI). Ticket information here. Nels Cline also has a run of shows in January, info here. And there'll undoubtedly be other solo-ish events popping up here and there. But Wilco have no shows planned between now and April as they'll be pretty much hunkered down in the studio. We are in the final phases of working out a handful of gigs in southern US (April) and an extensive tour of Spain (May) followed by, most likely, the usual summer hijinks with a new record and gigs everywhere imaginable.

So, without further adieu, happy sledding through the holidays and into the New Year. And remember, when it comes to gift giving, it truly is the thought that counts (spoken like a true last minute shopper....). On that note, we'd be remiss if we didn't add that there's a sale on in the Wilco store and we've extended it through January 15. So feel free to, you know, order something and put a note in the card, saying "coming soon....", or whatever.

thanks again for everything. Here's to you guys. Happy Holidays... with love.

the HQ staff.