Help with Hiding Email Addresses

We have some classmates that would rather keep their emails private from some of the other 200 or so people we graduated with.

Does anyone know how to send an email within a group/category and NOT have all the addresses show? (Preferably through yahoo)

I haven't used yahoo all that much and this is what our President of the committee uses. I've been testing out different things but no luck yet. Any help is GREATLY appreciated! :D

Put yourself in the "to:" field, and everyone else in the Bcc: field.

Omg! Okay!

:cheekkiss

Thank you!

bcc being blind carbon copy. so yeah. Useless post. I just wanted to help...

Good to know tho Katie...ty!

The President of the committee is cracking up that I used you guys for this AND got the answer SO quickly! :worship

Just wanted to add that this technique works for virtually every e-mail system, not just Yahoo.

I said "virtually" only because I suppose there might be some ass-backwards utility out there on which it doesn't work, but I'm not aware of one.

Just wanted to add that this technique works for virtually every e-mail system, not just Yahoo.

I said "virtually" only because I suppose there might be some ass-backwards utility out there on which it doesn't work, but I'm not aware of one.

:cheekkiss for you too!

I remember there used to be a glitch with MS Outlook 8 yrs or so ago where if you were bcc'd on an email and accidentally replied to all (instead of just replying), that it would reply to everyone and everyone would see everyone's email addresses (including the bcc'd folks). I assume that glitch was fixed, but be careful. I learned about that glitch the hard way.

I believe I also recall reading about a glitch that occurred when you didn't put anyone in the "To:" line, which yielded similar results. That's why it's a good idea to always send the message to yourself (as the "To" recipient) and Bcc everyone else.

As with the aforementioned glitch, I would guess this has also been fixed, but better safe than sorry.

I assume that glitch was fixed, but be careful. I learned about that glitch the hard way.

Thanks Matt! I'll test THAT out too!

I remember there used to be a glitch with MS Outlook 8 yrs or so ago where if you were bcc'd on an email and accidentally replied to all (instead of just replying), that it would reply to everyone and everyone would see everyone's email addresses (including the bcc'd folks). I assume that glitch was fixed, but be careful. I learned about that glitch the hard way.

Yup, one of my employees years ago called one of our clients a bitch and she was included thanks to this little glitch. Oops.

I assume that glitch was fixed, but be careful. I learned about that glitch the hard way.

Tested and a-okay :thumbup

And ONE for you :cheekkiss

While we are on the subject, I rarely use bccs in general. There is just something underhanded about it, so I just forward whatever it is that I sent to the person(s) that I would have bcced. Dumb, I know, but that's what I do.

are you people even OLD enough to remember actual carbon copies?

I am! We used them at my bank when I first started working there, they were phased out shortly after but I remember :)

Address the email to yourself, then add all the other addresses in the "BCC" field.

Just had to get a post in here, eh?!? ;)