Via Coffee Cup coffee and tea exchange

Announcing the Via Coffee Cup coffee and tea exchange! We all have some favorite local roasters or know of some orgasmic tea blends. Now it's time to share our love of fine hot drinks with our fellow VCers! This will be much like such past VC success stories as Via Christmas Pudding, except you know who you're sending to and receiving from (NAPE.)

Here's what we propose:

-send 1/2 lb. of coffee OR its monetary equivalent in tea to someone

-get 1/2 lb. of coffee or some tea from someone else

-expand your love of coffee and tea from around the country!

The guidelines:

-LOCAL ROAST coffee -- Starbucks and Dunkin Donuts need not apply (Trader Joe's is fine if you don't have a local roaster)

-or, if your recipient prefers, NICE QUALITY tea (this can be from an online store since tea stores aren't as widespread as coffee roasters)

-1/2 lb. bag of beans OR 1 box of tea (or a small tin of loose tea)

If you're interested, PM the following to me or Jenbobblehead:

-your name/address

-coffee or tea

-if coffee: whole bean or ground

-if tea: bagged or loose

Deadline to espress interest (thank Jen for that one) is Friday, June 13. We'll let you know your matchups around June 15!

home_pic_coffee.jpg

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is seriously a wonderful idea, but i dig my starbuck's

Glad you like it, but the idea here is to share these local roasters that everyone is always raving about and swearing is "the best coffee in the world." So... Starbucks is DQed. :P Plus really, what's the fun in getting Starbucks in the mail when you can get it anywhere?

Glad you like it, but the idea here is to share these local roasters that everyone is always raving about and swearing is "the best coffee in the world." So... Starbucks is DQed. :P Plus really, what's the fun in getting Starbucks in the mail when you can get it anywhere?

I think Muncle got that.

I think your Indy hatred is starting to leach into other parts of your life.

I think Muncle got that.

I've tried my local roaster, and I don't like their coffees. :ohwell

So I confess I'm a Starbucks girl. I always enjoy their custom blends that have a short run ... I'm currently using my last batch of Black Apron Exclusives, the Columbia Narino something or other which I really like, and now I don't think it's available anymore.

Oh well, back to Cafe Verona for the time being. :coffee

Of course I am down, so I may add to the greater glory of the Monkey Joe Roasting Co.