Ok what are these living room shows I'm reading about?

The Reader's Digest version: For the past few years, there's been a charity auction held at Second City in Chicago for Letters To Santa. Jeff Tweedy performs at the auction, and among the items sold at the auction is a private "living room" concert by Tweedy for a group of 30 people. He's done this for the past few years, and lately there have been three "winning" groups each year, so he does three shows.

The amount of money raised by each group is pretty substantial. These are not cheap.

From there, the groups negotiate dates with Jeff and he shows up and plays for them as arranged.

that means there are no solo dates. Usually the living room shows are around this time Jan/Feb following Christmas. They're for charity and people throw in money and Jeff plays in your house.

I've always wanted to ask Solace about pulling some strings and getting a Minneapolis living room show. I'm sure we could get a pretty good group together and I'd even pitch in extra for the bus fare. He could probably stay at Gary Louris' house or something and go back the next day.

http://archive.viachicago.org/index.php?s=...st&p=312593

The easiest way I could think of to find it in the archives was a search for "Carrot Flowers" :lol

This was the first Living Room show ever (well, through Letters to Santa, I'm sure there had been other similar things before) so excuse some of the gushy excitement. Or, don't.