The Loft Whereabouts

Hello all,

Anyone know where the LOFT is ?? .. wanted to take a picture where the magic starts..

thanks for the help in advance ..

I coming in from orange county, ca.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This happens once in a while: Some fan has a healthy curiosity concerning the wherabouts of the famous 'Loft', and fails to consider the personal privacy aspect. Then some veteran VCer either politely or holier than thouly tells them "That is not appropriate". So yeah......I'd love to see it too, but folks raise some reasonable concerns and the bat lair remains hidden. Enjoy your time in the freezing city, I assume you're attending one of the awesome Riv shows.

That's it. Make sure you get out of your car and walk around too, and leave your doors unlocked.

ha ha funny . I am a firefighter here in LA COUNTY worked in south LA and many bad areas Im ok with that I just wanted a pic there like figure 8 in hollywood where Elliot Smith worked a lot .. sorry did not know it was sacred ground I will not go there sounds like a rough area.. sorry

I understand the curiosity and to document that you were somewhere important to all of us who love the band. But I hope you would agree that that info needs to stay private because their are odd people in this world whose intentions may not be so benign and anyone who would divulge that info and then something bad happens would never forgive themselves. I have some friends here in Okc who line not far from Wayne coyne of the flaming lips. I know where he lives but respect his privacy and realize that giving that info out or encroaching on his space is not cool. I mean no disrespect, just my unsolicited opinion. Feel free to disregard.

You guys make it sound as if I want to stalk Wilco. :lol :lol Thats ridiculous, its not the case at all I respect privacy just as much ..again just wanted to take a picture outside the loft with my wife and friends (tourist thing) . again I will not go according to how this forum feels about that. I am cool with that and understand indeed.

Guest David Puddy

i do believe the loft's general location was mentioned in an article written by greg kot, or maybe in his book. or at least, he mentioned the nearest, decently-busy intersection. which, hint-hint, i pass everyday on the way to and from work.

You guys make it sound as if I want to stalk Wilco. :lol :lol Thats ridiculous, its not the case at all I respect privacy just as much ..again just wanted to take a picture outside the loft with my wife and friends (tourist thing) . again I will not go according to how this forum feels about that. I am cool with that and understand indeed.

But, why?

..again just wanted to take a picture outside the loft with my wife and friends (tourist thing) .

you'd be just as well of taking a picture in front of any 2-5 story building on Chicago's northside. I don't think they have any giant Wilco murals outside of it or anything. You'll be none the wiser.

And sadly, that picture from Down With Wilco can't be duplicated since they put a bus shelter in front of it. :ohwell

you'd be just as well of taking a picture in front of any 2-5 story building on Chicago's northside. I don't think they have any giant Wilco murals outside of it or anything. You'll be none the wiser.

And sadly, that picture from Down With Wilco can't be duplicated since they put a bus shelter in front of it. :ohwell

i will do that then ... my wish is your command :yes

And I know for a fact that at least one Chicago-area firefighter will be at these shows, so ask around, maybe you two can meet up and talk shop. :)

thanks man, you are comforting, after being bashed ( im very sensitive :) )..... I will do that for sure.

thanks man, you are comforting, after being bashed ( im very sensitive :) )..... I will do that for sure.

OK, now I'm pissed! I'm not a man! :realmad

Kidding. Yeah, don't take it as bashing. Some questions just get asked on a semi-regular basis, and that's one that's sort of got a standard set of replies you're going to get. Nobody meant it personally.

See you there. :wave

Larry you are right.. I apologize ... how about put in place or schooled .. thanks VC

It's just something that does not go over well - as you can see:

I suppose you have to look at as - what if people showed up where you work or sleep - just to look around or whatever.