Good comfortable headphones

I'm going to need something I can wear comfortably throughout the work day that cancels out a lot of background noise. I see Bose has a nice pair for $349....I'm not willing to spend that much. Maybe up to $100. Any suggestions? I can't wear in-ear headphones because they really hurt after a short time.

I'm not going to link to the previous thread(s) about this (I'm sure someone will), but I will offer the same recommendation I've offered before:

Fostex T50RP

Amazon's price is pretty good ... though you might want to check around a bit.

These are not noise-cancelling headphones, but they fit completely (and comfortably) around your ears and block out a lot of noise that way. They also sound great.

I'm not sure how long I've had my pair -- at least four years, I'd say -- and they're good as new and still sound great. If you're plugging them into a small jack (1/8", I think?), make sure you get a stereo adapter, because I think these come with the larger plug (intended for hi-fi equipment). I use an adapter on mine so they can plug into computer stuff.

In my opinion Sennheiser makes the nicest, best sounding headphones on the market. Plus their headphones carry the best manufacturers warranty. Maybe something about being made in Ireland versus much of the competion who's product come from China, Mexico, and Taiwan.

Noise cancelling sets made by Sennheiser or Bose sets are both going to work great but are pricey (and overated in my opinion).

If you can not afford noise cancelling you definitely want a "closed headphone" (good for a noisy environment) versus a "open-aire" set (perfect for critical listening on your couch).

I own several sets (all 'closed'):

Sony 7506 - $99 - I mow the lawn with these on. Although after too long I feel like my head is being squeezed.

Sennheiser HD280 - $99 - Great sound, but a little bulky. Great sound isolation for a non noise cancelling set.

Sennheiser HD201 - $40 - I use these the most. Comfort, great sound, lightweight - good bang for the buck.

Sennheiser HD25 - $300 - Best studio monitoring headphones in the business - hands down. 70 ohm cable !!!!

Sennheiser PXC250 - $150 - Noise cancelling. Smaller ear cup than the Bose set. They come in a small case good for travellers who do not want to lug around Bose case (3x the size). They are great on planes, but I still prefer ear buds (that go into your ear canal). They will block more outside noise than the best noise cancelling sets. Sennehiser and Shure both make great ear buds. I use the Sennheiser CX300's ($70).

I was never able to do earbuds either, as I have tiny earholes. But these are amazing! I read about them in an article last year about cheap, obscure ipod accessories that really work. They come with pads in different sizes. I've worn my for hours at a time with no pain, and the sound quality's excellent.

Sennheiser HD201 - $40 - I use these the most. Comfort, great sound, lightweight - good bang for the buck.

I got a pair of these from ebay - if I recall correctly, I paid about $30 including delivery. For the price, they are a great deal.

I have a pair of Grado 60s for home use which are also very cost-effective. I think I paid about $60-80 for those.