If I ever see anything kinder than this my pupils will explode. Turn on your lava lamp, take a ganja goo ball out of the oven, douse yourself in patchouli, and get ready to freak out.

I miss Tweedy's glasses. He's like the lost brother from the Proclaimers.

Phil's tie-dye is so dank its painful to look at. He's really lost without a bass, check out the weird hand gestures throughout. Why is Leroy playing bass? Weird stuff.

Now if only they'd cover Terrapin Station...

Well now. I really enjoyed that even if the quality was less than spectacular. It's especially poignant when you consider that Phil had just had a liver transplant surgery only a few months before, and had in fact only tried returning to the stage just 6 weeks earlier with Trey and Page for the very first outing of Phil and Friends.

Thanks for the link. :thumbup

I was at this event and there are only two things I remember from that entire weekend:

1. Being introduced to Wilco (wanted to remember their name so I did the ol' word association game by thinking about FILCO appliance stores). :worship

2. Learning you could mix Margaritas using a modified lawn-mower blender (Margarita lawn-mower guy is how he's tagged in my memory). :omg

Good times.....good times indeed.

:)

A friend of mine used to tease me about Wilco as being just like the Greatful Dead, and I always told him he was crazy.

:mellow

Guess who has to eat his words now?

I'm not sure that playing one song makes them "just like" anybody...

Box of Rain just came up on the old ipod shuffle. What a great song that would be for Wilco to cover. Fits in perfectly with the Sky Blue Sky vein - lyrically, musically, melodically, harmonically. Pure American beauty/reality, if you will. The depth and directness/abstractness of the lyrics is right up Jeff's alley. I can just imagine Nels on the lap steel (if not pedal). He did list Jerry as one of his "200 favorite guitarists of all time" ya know:

http://www.nelscline.com/top200.html

Turns out Rolling Stone was just a few years late in figuring it out:

America's next Sonic Youth have now become our new Grateful Dead.