At My Window Sad And Lonely

Ruling Class

New Madrid

I'm Always In Love

Kamera

Nothingsevergonnastandinmyway(again)

Either Way

Any Major Dude

Comment (If All Men Were Truly Brothers)

What Light

Every song played with some configuration of the Wilco Ensemble from the Old Town School of Folk Music. Recorded in High Def with 3 cameras and 16 channel sound.

My heartfelt thanks to Jeff and Sue for all they do.

I'm going to bed.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was so impressive -- there were a lot of "first timers", and the material that was played was varied, challenging, and best of all -- incredibly well executed. I forgot my camera, but I doubt that there were any less than 1000 pictures taken. I'm sure some will show up here.

Thanks again Ken/Stacy and of course Jeff and Sue for making this happen :wub

Oh, and there was no snowstorm!

This was so impressive -- there were a lot of "first timers", and the material that was played was varied, challenging, and best of all -- incredibly well executed. I forgot my camera, but I doubt that there were any less than 1000 pictures taken. I'm sure some will show up here.

Thanks again Ken/Stacy and of course Jeff and Sue for making this happen :wub

Oh, and there was no snowstorm!

wait, you went to this one and you're going to the one in April? You're a jeff tweedy slut!

:D

xoxo

Any Major Dude :worship

I was thinking about asking for this one myself!!!

This is the first year we've done covers. Jeff initially acted like he wasn't particularly thrilled about doing it, but as the song progressed, he got more and more into it.

Here's a link to some photos; I'm sure there will be more:

http://web.mac.com/johnrooksjr/iWeb/Site/J...Highlights.html

How did the arrangement of Acuff/Rose sound?

It was just like the record -- only guitar (Jeff), mandolin and fiddle. They were going to go through the P.A., and then Jeff suggested that they do it off the P.A., like his live shows. It sounded great live; we'll have to see if Chandler picked them up.

I also want to add that because the show was so much sooner than last year's, the musicians had to pick out their sub-groups and songs and get them firmed up in a hurry. Double kudos for that....

Can I ask how many people were there?

30, officially.

Unofficial totals have yet to be released.

Jeff and Sue brought one of their friends. How cool is that?

wait, you went to this one and you're going to the one in April? You're a jeff tweedy slut!

:D

xoxo

Hahahah me and at least 2 others :ninja

Does that make me a Jeff Tweedy gigolo? ;)

The whole thing is pretty damn cool! Looks like y'all had a great time.

Awesome pics! Question....how do you figure out who is going to play on what songs? You guys reherse? Do you give Jeff a song list...does he give you one? Anyways I got to make one of these shows eventually!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup

Ditto.

Will this Old Town School of Folk Music LR Show - The Movie ever be available for public consumption?

:ohwell Sorry, the video is for private use only. That is the deal we made with Jeff so we can film it. It is distributed to just the people that were there.

Here's one of my photos of Jeff from this amazing night of music.

Awesome pics! Question....how do you figure out who is going to play on what songs? You guys reherse? Do you give Jeff a song list...does he give you one? Anyways I got to make one of these shows eventually!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup

Once we figure out who is going to go, we divide into groups of four or five or soloist's playing with Jeff. We then send about about a million emails out and let our favorite pedal steel player edit it down to a few songs per group. Jeff gets to reject any song he doesn't want to do. He usually is very willing to try to play just about anything. He only refused one song the first year, Uncle Tupelo's "No Sense In Loving". Ken talked him into playing it and it is still one of my favorites. This year he offered to micro manage it as a joke. We can come up with some weird unlikely combinations of songs.