• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The strike is still going on, right? I thought they didn't have the full season completed before production stopped this Fall.

Yep. They have 8 episodes completed, and right now the talk is of airing those 8 (even though the producers don't really want to do this, it's out of their control.) There is a mini-cliffhanger at the end of the 8th episode, which has been likened to there being a mini cliff-hanger at the end of a chapter in, say, Harry Potter; it's a tease to make you want to keep going, but it is not the end of the story.

A fantastic Lost spoilers site

I really hope this show doesn't get screwed up too badly.

You mean like the first 2/3 of season 3?

I think now that they have an end point it's going to be way better. They know they have 48 episodes to reach the conclusion rather than stringing it along open-ended, wondering what they can answer and what they may have to keep for a story that will boost ratings 5 seasons from now. Even the webisodes they're releasing are superior to the first chunk of season 3. Now if only the strike would end...

Guest David Puddy
I really hope this show doesn't get screwed up too badly.

i can just tell i'm going to be disappointed by this show eventually, but so far, i think they've been pretty flawless. i mean, it drives me nuts, but it's incredible nonetheless.

i've had doubts during certain points--mainly the middle third of season 2 which was so dull, and then the start of season 3 when they had that arc of 6 episodes in the fall--but the balance of season 3 really restored my faith in the show. especially the finale, which i still consider to be one of the best twists in television ever. and i agree that a set point will only help them keep on track and tighten things up.

january 31st can't come soon enough.

i've had doubts during certain points--mainly the middle third of season 2 which was so dull, and then the start of season 3 when they had that arc of 6 episodes in the fall--but the balance of season 3 really restored my faith in the show.

I agree, those are the weak spots. I also think a problem with season 3 was the pacing--especially that 6-episode thing, which took place over what, 3 days? I've noticed the show's strength correlates to Locke's--when Locke is weak, the show is weak; when Locke is kicking ass, the show is kicking ass.

season 4 trailer just came out the other day too...real quick, only about 30 seconds, and it's so jam-packed with quick cuts that it's hard to tell what you're looking at. anyway, i'll see if i can dig up a link, ABC might've taken it off of youtube already.

season 4 trailer just came out the other day too...real quick, only about 30 seconds, and it's so jam-packed with quick cuts that it's hard to tell what you're looking at. anyway, i'll see if i can dig up a link, ABC might've taken it off of youtube already.

Are you talking about the one that's been running in movie theaters? Again, I refer you to this, the best Lost spoiler site I've seen. Here's the specific post with the trailer.

yeah, that's the one. didn't realize it was being shown in theatres.

Yeah, some of the earliest videos that surfaced were like people held up their camera phones to the theater screen... people are doing that with these mobisodes too, since they're sent to Verizon phones a week before they're posted on the ABC website. I love my fellow Lost fanatics.