The Thanks I Get

It is, but it irks me when bands do this.

It is, but it irks me when bands do this.

hmmm, i'm thinking maybe I can get the bonus tracks on i-tunes rather than buy the whole new release. Seems silly to buy the stuff from the first release again just to get the extras.

don't know however what the cost comparison will be . . .

anyway, wilco already released "is that the thanks" as a free download. ("is that the thanks" is one of my least favorite wilco tunes anyway. i'm already kind of sick of it.)

I already bought it! And my mom bought one too! And I paid 99 cent for "Let's Not Get Carried Away" on the iTunes.

I already bought it! And my mom bought one too! And I paid 99 cent for "Let's Not Get Carried Away" on the iTunes.

man, i didn't even know that you could get "let's not get carried away" on iTunes. I just have a live version someone gave me. I think it's from a November show in Madison, WI, but I'd have to check.

I paid 20 some bucks for the deluxe edition and have been to 3 shows in the past year. I feel I've supported the band plenty. I can't see myself paying for another version of the album...........but I will find a way to get those bonus tracks :ninja

or maybe its a single for the next album?

Since my sources tell me that the next album's instrumentation will be completely steel calypso drum, I don't think that's the case.

I smell another A Ghost Is Born EP with two studio tracks and some live cuts.

Exactly.

Don't get bent out of shape, people. This isn't that odd, especially for Wilco, since they did it for the last two albums.

Doesn't anyone remember the Yankee Hotel Foxtrot Australian Tour Edition/More Like the Moon EP? or the a ghost is born Australian Tour Edition/free web EP download? Same situation there. Tour edition to support the band's tour outside the US and then free download of the same tracks for those of us in the USA that already bought the album. Wilco is very good to its fans.

Here's my guess for a track listing:

• The Thanks I Get – already released as a web exclusive for purchasers of “Sky Blue Sky”
  • Let's Not Get Carried Away – already released as a iTunes bonus track and on the “What Light” CD single
  • Theologians (Live May 2005, The Vic, Chicago, IL) - already released on the Think Indie Promo EP
  • One True Vine - already released on the Think Indie Promo EP
  • plus 2 more live tracks

Hopefully, they will let those who bought SBS download it for free.

Yeah, I'm guessing this has got to be the case. Especially since they built up the bonus content.