Jeff's Orange Guitar?

All these questions have been asked before and have been answered, there is a search function. I haven't seen him play an "orange" guitar, but he has been playing a sunburst Gibson Barney Kessel for the past year and a bit.

Oh Christ, can't anyone just answer a question without having to throw in some kind of self righteous statement? I Love Wilco. Thank You for the info.

No, they can't. It's really fucking annoying. Anyways, if this is the one you're referring to:

Gibson_Barney_Kessel_2.JPG

Then it is, indeed, a Gibson Barney Kessel.

Oh Christ, can't anyone just answer a question without having to throw in some kind of self righteous statement? I Love Wilco. Thank You for the info.

I think most people around here are happy to answer questions -- they just would like to avoid answering the same questions over and over whenever someone new joins (I'm not insinuating you're a newbie -- I understand you may have had to get a new username or something. I say this because I once had someone get upset and call me names for insinuating they were new to the forum b/c they had all of 3 posts, a recent sign-up date, and were asking questions in the wrong forum). Don't take it personally. I know it seems like a bit of rebuke, but remember that you are asking someone for information. Lashing out at them when they correct you isn't likely to make them want to provide you with more information. In the same way you seem taken aback that no one can "answer a question without getting self[-]righteous," many are amazed at how many people don't acquaint themselves with the etiquette for ViaChicago and thus end up posting in the wrong forums and asking questions without first doing a quick search. Most folks around here are happy to help so long as people are willing to do a little research on their own first. That being said, some people can be a little harsh about this stuff.

I think most people around here are happy to answer questions -- they just would like to avoid answering the same questions over and over whenever someone new joins (I'm not insinuating you're a newbie -- I understand you may have had to get a new username or something. I say this because I once had someone get upset and call me names for insinuating they were new to the forum b/c they had all of 3 posts, a recent sign-up date, and were asking questions in the wrong forum). Don't take it personally. I know it seems like a bit of rebuke, but remember that you are asking someone for information. Lashing out at them when they correct you isn't likely to make them want to provide you with more information. In the same way you seem taken aback that no one can "answer a question without getting self[-]righteous," many are amazed at how many people don't acquaint themselves with the etiquette for ViaChicago and thus end up posting in the wrong forums and asking questions without first doing a quick search. Most folks around here are happy to help so long as people are willing to do a little research on their own first. That being said, some people can be a little harsh about this stuff.

I didn't try to be mean or anything but like he said the question about Jeff's Barney Kessel has been asked countless times and the search function is there for a reason.

I understand what you're saying, but in a way, he is right. New users come here, not to search for information, but to have discussions. Just because a topic has been discussed previously, does not mean the topic can't be discussed again. Pulling up old threads, which are sometimes pages long, filled with nonsense and side conversations, is not always the best way to discuss something. If you see a topic that you don't want to respond to, for whatever reason, then don't...

I understand what you're saying, but in a way, he is right. New users come here, not to search for information, but to have discussions. Just because a topic has been discussed previously, does not mean the topic can't be discussed again. Pulling up old threads, which are sometimes pages long, filled with nonsense and side conversations, is not always the best way to discuss something. If you see a topic that you don't want to respond to, for whatever reason, then don't...

Looks like someone hit the nail on the head. You win the Golden Hammer Award for 2007.

If you see a topic that you don't want to respond to, for whatever reason, then don't...

Perfect!! I assume we're all here cause we have Wilco in common...its shameful to scare new members off

Im new this board, but a five year moderator on others. There will always be new folks, old questions, etc...thousand post board members get a little snobby and do divert discussions and flame folks incessantly. From what ive seen, those things are far worse on other boards.

Im and bit unclear (after reading) about your board etiquette---how are you really going to dictate 'internet etiquette'

cheers

jobu

"It's a Gibson Barney Kessel" is easier to type than "We've already been over this. Do a search."

Do a search for "Jeff's orange guitar" and see how much irrelevant garbage you have to sort through before you find the answer.

"It's a Gibson Barney Kessel" is easier to type than "We've already been over this. Do a search."

Do a search for "Jeff's orange guitar" and see how much irrelevant garbage you have to sort through before you find the answer.

Doing a search for "Jeff's orange guitar" turns up this very helpful topic: http://forums.viachicago.org/index.php?showtopic=30939

I know, it was a joke.

Yeah, I'm a dumbass.

Regardless, if you searched for "jeff's orange guitar" you'd get results about microwave popcorn and the Grateful Dead, and any number of other things that have nothing to do with Wilco's equipment.

Yeah, I'm a dumbass.

Regardless, if you searched for "jeff's orange guitar" you'd get results about microwave popcorn and the Grateful Dead, and any number of other things that have nothing to do with Wilco's equipment.

Microwave popcorn? Link please!!