I just got a new shuffle for my birthday and will be using it mostly for running and at the gym. The times I've borrowed the wife's Ipod for travel, I've found the ear buds hurt my ears quite a bit. Was wondering if anyone had suggestions for a pair that had good sound and might be a good fit for the stated uses. Thanks for any help.

I just got a new shuffle for my birthday and will be using it mostly for running and at the gym. The times I've borrowed the wife's Ipod for travel, I've found the ear buds hurt my ears quite a bit. Was wondering if anyone had suggestions for a pair that had good sound and might be a good fit for the stated uses. Thanks for any help.

If you don't mind dropping a few bucks, Shure makes some super models. They really seal your ears well too, so they don't get jiggled out when you're running, etc. I have the E3-C models and they are superb.

I can't get the buds that came with my iPod to stay in my ears when I'm sitting down, nevermind when I'm working out. I wear a pair of wraparounds that I got for $3 at a cheapo lot.

How do people get those things to stay in?

I like the stocker ear buds, work fine for me.

Y'all must have some ginormous ears.

I can't get the buds that came with my iPod to stay in my ears when I'm sitting down, nevermind when I'm working out. I wear a pair of wraparounds that I got for $3 at a cheapo lot.

They don't stay in my ears either, and I don't know anyone else that has this problem...so this is reassuring.

For exercise and travel, I'm happy with these... cheap and efficient...

Phillips Ear Hook Headphones

DT_98894_1.jpg

I'm not a fan of buds because everything outside sounds muffled. Like I can hear myself swallow.

I just started using the plugs that come with iPod this week as I now take a bus to work. I think I'm making people on the bus uncomfortable as I dress professionally and am constantly adjusting the ear pieces. I must look like a Fed working the terrorist beat or something.

I realize iPod is going for a minimalist approach here, but cripes those things hurt on top of not fitting properly. Who's got earsockets that big?

I'm looking for a cheap foamy pair this weekend.

i like these. They have replaceable little rubber buds in different sizes. I like the small size.

Sony EarBuds

After trying various Phillips and Sony models...I find these to be the best for me (at a fairly reasonable price).

Apple earbuds

i like these. They have replaceable little rubber buds in different sizes. I like the small size.

Sony EarBuds

I also have used these Sony ones for a few years, I love them because they sound great and they are nice and tiny. The only issue I've had is that the rubber bud can pop off sometimes, for instance if the wire gets caught on something. I lost one once, and had to buy a new pair :ohwell , but I stuck with the same brand.

Electrical tape...lots of it.

Jensen makes a pretty comfortable pair that I wear on average about 5 hours a day. $13, can't beat that. They sound great, and get extremely loud. I also edit my music with these sometimes just because they give such a clear output. Just make sure you have them in the correct ear. I was recording one day, and I had put them in the opposite ears, and they just kept falling out, I was so frustrated I had to stop recording. About a week later I noticed that they fit perfectly and they didn't fall out once, then I had a realization that they might not fit both ways. I checked it out, and yep, they don't fit a all backwards.

Kiyoshi

Web Design Louisville Ky

what's the difference between the over the ear and on ear versions of the bose triports?

I would imagine the over-ear models have a bigger driver and would produce a deeper range of frequencies. I checked the Bose website for a frequency range spec, but they didn't have that info available. I've always been a little bit under-impressed with their products, IMO.

A-man must be on vacation. :shifty

what's the difference between the over the ear and on ear versions of the bose triports?

I remember a previious thread but couldn't find it (i.e. didn't want to take the time to use the search option). I was fully expecting Aman to police this. Luckily he didn't as I've got some good advice and don't feel like some small eared freak.

Although I think the girl at the gym yesterday thought I was checking her out when I was simply trying to see how she was wearing her ear phones.

• 2 months later...