Theologians Cover

It's up on iTunes now (it's a new covers EP). Not bad. He seems like a laid back hippie, and that pretty much sums up his version. I like covers that aren't simply replicas of the original. Has some other good selections on it as well.

His most recent album, Move By Yourself, is worth checking out, too. He's a professional surfer as well.

I had his last album, but found it to be too much like a lot of Jack Johnson's material....only worse. :ohwell

I had his last album, but found it to be too much like a lot of Jack Johnson's material....only worse. :ohwell

Makes sense as he's tight with him and signed to his label, Brushfire, earlier in his career. I don't think I've ever listened to Jack Johnson, though, so I didn't have anything to compare DF to.

Giving it a listen on his myspace page right now. Doesn't look like Theologians is there, but Such a Night and Fortunate Son are sounding kind of good in a I-feel-like-laying-down-and-taking-a-nap-in-the-sand-by-the-ocean kind of way...which I don't think is necessarily a bad thing. Definitely can see the Jack Johnson references.