• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I miss Trot.

yeah.....you hate to see a player like that go. His numbers were declining and he couldn't hit lefty's but.......you gotta wonder about getting Drew. If the Sox weren't leading NY by 350 games like they are, people would be calling for Drew's public execution right now.

The 1978 World Series matched the defending champion New York Yankees against the Los Angeles Dodgers in a rematch of the 1977 Series, with the Yankees winning in six games to repeat as champions.

It wasn

That don't change today's standings, Mr. Met.

I know it's a long season - it's about when you peak - I don't even think the Sox are a shoo-in for even the Division Title, but...who is the Yankees' Ron Guidry this year? Albert DiSalvo?

That don't change today's standings, Mr. Met.

I know it's a long season - it's about when you peak - I don't even think the Sox are a shoo-in for even the Division Title, but...who is the Yankees' Ron Guidry this year? Albert DiSalvo?

Hey, I don't want it to happen either, but the Baseball Gods find ways to smite those who delight in their foes' woes overmuch.

A Mets extra-inning win adds to the joy.

I was switching over to the Yankees/Blue Jays game during commericials, and I must say that steal of home had me in a near carlos-like state of glee. I believe I may have even spoken the words "this is so exciting!"

Philip Hughes could be a huge boost once healthy.

Werd. We went to see his major league debut (4/26 I think). He's gonna be a good one, especially with the Rocket taking him under his wing (as is expected).

I'll keep saying it....the Yanks are truly awful! I think a fight for the wildcard is in their future....hopefully.

A theif!

Or Derek Lee.

I was going to answer, "A ghost."

Two things you don't see often in a ball game last night. First, watching the NYM v. SF game in extra innings Armando Benitez (former Met closer) gets rattled while facing his opossing team during a tense 12th inning and allows the tying run to score because he caused TWO BALKS in the inning allowing Jose Reyes to advance twice. Reyes had Benitez all jittery with a bunch of fake steal moves, etc.

Also, Aaron Hill stole home off of Andy Pettite. He was well over half-way to the plate before Pettite even saw him. Dumbo had jumped up from his crouch and even started heading toward the mound a bit while flailing his arms. Great call by TOR to take advantage of Pettite's slow delivery.

Two things you don't see often in a ball game last night. First, watching the NYM v. SF game in extra innings Armando Benitez (former Met closer) gets rattled while facing his opossing team during a tense 12th inning and allows the tying run to score because he caused TWO BALKS in the inning allowing Jose Reyes to advance twice. Reyes had Benitez all jittery with a bunch of fake steal moves, etc.

I could not believe this when it was happening. Benitez folded like a lawn chair.