• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back from seeing it for the first time. It was incredibly authentic and so great in every way, I can't wait to see it again. I have a feeling I'm gonna wear out the DVD when it comes out.

here is the current rollout schedule for the film in north america.... more as we get them... :)

Friday' date=' 01 June 2007:

Austin, Denver, Hartford..N. Haven, Minneapolis, Montreal, Philadelphia, Portland, Sacramento, Seattle, Vancouver

Friday, 08 June 2007:

Ann Arbor, Albany, Atlanta, Baltimore, Calgary, Charlotte, Edmonton, Houston, Indianapolis, Milwaukee, Ottawa, Providence, Richmond, Rochester

Friday, 15 June 2007:

Boca/W. Palm Beach, Cleveland, Columbus, Honolulu, Kansas City, Las Vegas, Miami/Ft. Lauderdale

Friday, 22 June 2007:

Albuquerque, Cincinnati, Madison, New Orleans, Norfolk/Newport News, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, Tampa

Friday, 29 June 2007:

Anchorage, Asheville, Birmingham, Boise, Buffalo, Charlottesville, Colorado Springs, Dayton, Des Moines, Ft. Myers, Gainesville, Grand Rapids, Halifax, Ithaca, Jacksonville, Knoxville, Lansing, Lexington, Louisville, Nashville, Northampton, Oklahoma City, Omaha, Orlando, Raleigh/Durham, San Antonio, Santa Fe Sarasota, St. John, Syracuse, Tallahassee, Tucson, Tulsa, Victoria, Winnipeg[/quote']

• 2 weeks later...

I got this in the oldtown newsletter today, Perhaps more dates coming but I couldn't find any yet. This show should be good if you liked the pair in the film.

The Swell Season

Saturday, July 28, 2007

8pm

$20 General Public / $18 Members / $16 Seniors & Kids

Old Town School Of Folk Music, Chicago

The Swell Season is Glen Hansard from the successful Irish pop band the Frames and classically trained Czech vocalist and pianist Marketa Irglova. The two paired up to write a batch of quietly brilliant songs for as well as star in the independent film " Once" which has received vast critical acclaim. Charismatic vocals and deeply moving songs make up the Swell Season's intimate and emotional live performances.

A nice story. And excellent execution. I have never seen a flick like this, and I am glad I saw it. But, I wasn't that crazy about it. Not sure what it was. Just didn't hit me as hard as it seems to have hit others. Seemed a bit forced in spots and the story didn't knock me out.

Does anyone know what she said to him in czech when he asked her if she loved her husband?

Spoiler:

I've been told by a Croatian-speaking friend that she said "I love you". I've also been told by another friend that Croation isn't all that close to Czezh, so who knows?

I was about to start my own thread for this movie, so I'm glad I double checked. This has got to be one of the best movies in any genre I've seen in the last 10 years.* It really seems to be getting some traction in terms of attention and interest. We figured that we wouldn't need to worry about getting there very early since it's some little indie flick - the place was so packed we had to sit in the front row. I loved it even though I could see each and every individual pixel.

*Not reeeeally saying that much since it was only the second movie I've seen in theaters in almost 2 years.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Music from Once on TV and the radio (and live at Amoeba, yay!):

Hi' date='

As you all know by now The Swell Season Tour will begin tomorrow in New York and will visit seven cities in the U.S.

Lots of the shows have been sold out in no time, so I think the following news will cause some joy among the people who weren't able to get their hands on tickets...

Here are some new opportunities to catch The Swell Season live, while touring in the U.S.:

1. The Swell Season will be the guest of Boston's WBOS radio. Marketa and Glen will appear in Studio Session C on the 26th of July at noon. Don't forget to tune in.(The recording of the session will be a day earlier but it will air on Thursday)

WBOS BOSTON

2.The XPN Free at Noon concert series in Philadelphia will have Minnie Driver feat. Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova on the 27/07/07 at noon.

For details and to get free tickets (RSVP) to the show go to

XPN Free at Noon

3. The Washington show will be broadcasted live on NPR Live Concert series.You can listen to it online on the 26th of July, beginning 9:30 p.m. ET approximately on the following link

NPR Live Concert Series

4. Glen and Mar will do an instore in San Francisco in Amoeba Records on the 4th of August at 2:00 p.m. (Saturday)

Amoeba Records

Amoeba Records

1855 Haight St.

San Francisco

5.TV Appearnaces:

July 30th The Tonight Show with Jay Leno (NBC)

Aug 1st The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson (CBS)

Aug 3rd Last Call with Carson Daly (NBC)

Thanks for all the love guys!

Have a great time.

xxx

n