When a bad song sticks in your head

:(

I work in my home office as a medical editor and I listen to medical technical jargon all day. So mostly it's silence plus the voice in my headset. :coffee

But for the past month already, this ice cream truck has been trolling my neighborhood and playing

"Pop Goes the Weasel" :stunned

down one street, then the street behind, etc etc. You know, this is a horrible, horrible song and really, our kids deserve better than this.

What song is stuck in your head lately? I hope it's better than mine.

There are no earworms in my head right now, but they usually start worming around when I'm trying to sleep. When it happens (rarely), It's usually the last song I hear before going to bed.

In the past, I've had it so bad that it's ruined songs for me.

i don't know why but i had "i want my baby back, baby back, baby back, baby back, baby back, baby back ribs" in my head all afternoon.

its gone now. i put SBS on. haha.

I keep getting this Liam Sullivan comedy tune,

(click for youtube vid) stuck in my head. I think the video is hilarious but it can be a bit awkward when I'm shopping in the shoe department and mumbling to myself, "Ohmygod...shoes." Also, after having seen it, I just want to call everyone, "betch" and "deck" all of the time.
You know, this is a horrible, horrible song and really, our kids deserve better than this.

I had to suffer through that song as a kid...so should they. :monkey

Do monkeys and weasels naturally coexist in any ecosystem? I could be wrong, but I would have guessed they were indigenous to different geographic reasons.

Do monkeys and weasels naturally coexist in any ecosystem? I could be wrong, but I would have guessed they were indigenous to different geographic reasons.

According to Wikipedia, there is a kind of weasel called the South Weasel that does live in South Asia. Plenty of monkeys there. No word on whether they give chase to weasels, though.

Someone told me that when you get a bad song stuck in your head, start singing Led Zeppelin's Kashmir.

It usually works for me.

I always use "Slip Sliding Away" to get songs out of my head. For whatever reason, it doesn't stick around to take the offending song's place after the job is done.

Do monkeys and weasels and mulberry bushes naturally coexist in any ecosystem? I could be wrong, but I would have guessed they were indigenous to different geographic reasons.

GEORGE: "Master of the house.. doling out the charm, ready with a handshake and an open palm. Tells a saucy talke, loves to make a stir everyone appreciates a.."

JERRY: What is that song?

GEORGE: Oh, it's from Les Miserables. I went to see it last week. I can't get it out of my head. I just keep singing it over and over. It just comes out. I have no control over it. I'm singing it on elevators, buses. I sing it infront of clients. It's taking over my life.

JERRY: You know, Schumann went mad from that.

GEORGE: Artie Schumann? From Camp Hatchapee?

JERRY: No, you idiot.

GEORGE: What are you, Bud Abbott? What, are you calling my an idiot?

JERRY: You don't know Rober Schumann? The composer?

GEORGE: Oh, Schumann. Of course.

JERRY: He went crazy from one note. He couldn't get it out of his head. I think it was an A. He kept repeating it over and over again. He had to be institutionalized.

I've had a couple of Jeff's guitar riffs from "hate it here" in my head for over 3 weeks now. But I'm fine with that. I just don't see how you can make a fuzz-effected guitar sound that clean when strumming multiple strings, but I'll just get over it.

I just don't see how you can make a fuzz-effected guitar sound that clean when strumming multiple strings, but I'll just get over it.

Well, when you have fingers made of gold, it apparently becomes much easier.:P

The other day I was walking through the kitchen sing "Driveshaft" ( for those of you who don't watch LOST that is the little leprecon looking fellows fictitious band) "You are everybody...." WORST song ever/ good character. For those of you who do watch LOST I'm only on the second season DVD's and the episode about he and his brother I had seen the night before.( don't won't to give away any spoilers in case ~theshua has yet to get to his TIVO from 2 years ago. ) Anywho I'm thinking what song is this I'm singing, like from when I was kid/ or really obscure, I was obsessed all day and then it came to me, very disappointing.

I always use "Slip Sliding Away" to get songs out of my head.

now its in my head!

i keep getting little ditty buzzing in my skull often:

All the old paintings on the tombs

They do the sand dance don't you know

If they move too quick (oh whey oh)

They're falling down like a domino

All the bazaar men by the Nile

They got the money on a bet

Gold crocodiles (oh whey oh)

They snap their teeth on your cigarette

Foreign types with the hookah pipes say

Ay oh whey oh, ay oh whey oh