New to Denver and this will be my first show in CO, and my first trip up to Boulder. As long as I get everything down before noon Saturday, I'm going to try to get up there early and check out the town. Any ideas of places to check out, eat, drink before the show would be appreciated.

Any idea on what time the doors open?

My fiancee is on call Friday night, but I'm goin to do my best to get her up there. If not, I will have an extra if anyone is interested. Believe it's sold out.

according to the fox website, doors are at 8:30, show at 9:00, though with the fox it's always a gamble on whether a show is going to start on time or not. the sink is nice because it's right next to the fox - it's a boulder institution there on the hill. good food and usually some great drink specials. have fun, i'll be attending a graduation in fort collins on saturday night... :yawn

The Sink is a good call, and if you have a lot of time to kill, check out Bart's CD Cellar off the Pearl St. mall. Album's On The Hill (right across from The Fox) is nice, too.

ed.

Forgot you mentioned you'll be up there very early. If you like small-brewery and great tasting/selection beer, check out The Walnut Brewery (on Walnut St.), West End Tavern (on Pearl) and especially the Mountain Sun Brewery (Pearl) . At Mountain Sun (my favorite of the Boulder beer joints) try the Raspberry Wheat or Colorado Kind Ale. http://www.mountainsunpub.com/

All have great micro-brews and decent+ eats.

ooooooo, yeah, mountain sun is good. the raspberry wheat is muy bueno and their ipa is good too (but then i'm kind of an ipa whore...). i love their hummus sammich, and you can also create your own grilled cheese! a very veg-friendly restaurant. :eat

Mystik and Cat,

Thank you very much. Really excited about this show. DBT are one of my favorites and the word on the street is these shows are stellar.

Two words for you....Cooley...Banjo!

Make that six:

Cooley...Banjo Shonna...Stand Up Base!

Thanks again for the help. Gonna do my best to get there around 4 so I should have plenty of time to check out Pearl Street, some Brewerys and a record shop or two!

PS....

XSmPoster_DBT-TDU-Boulder07.jpg

Here's last weeks set list from Austin:

5-2-07 Antones - Austin, TX

Tornadoes / A Ghost To Most / Box of Spiders / The Opening Act Gravity's Gone / Bulldozers and Dirt / Daddy Needs a Drink / Two Daughters and a Beautiful Wife* / Bob / Tales Facing Up / Love Like This / My Sweet Annette* / Runaway Train / One Of These Days / Sinkhole / Wallace / Nine Bullets / Carl Perkins' Cadillac / The Living Bubba / encore: Checkout Tim In Vegas / The Night GG Allin Came To Town / Loaded Gun In The Closet / George Jones Talkin' Cell Phone Blues / Panties In your Purse / Shut Up and Get On The Plane / Angels And Fuselage

#Shonna on stand up bass

*Cooley on Banjo

Great poster!

I have no tips for you about the logistics of attending this show, I just wanted to add my 2 cents about how much I wanted to see one of these acoustic shows in "The Dirt Underneath" tour. I have listened to some cuts from one of the earlier shows*, and what I hear is phenomenal. I mean, a toned-down acoustic DBTs? I sure hope they continue offering up some acoustic songs in their regular DBT rock shows once in a while. Don't get me wrong, I love the rock shows, but knocking it down a notch or two for a few songs would be a breath of fresh air for my ears.

* http://www.southernshelter.com/

cwnorman, have a great time and I'm looking forward to hearing about it, so please report back, k? :wave

Great poster!

I have no tips for you about the logistics of attending this show, I just wanted to add my 2 cents about how much I wanted to see one of these acoustic shows in "The Dirt Underneath" tour. I have listened to some cuts from one of the earlier shows*, and what I hear is phenomenal. I mean, a toned-down acoustic DBTs? I sure hope they continue offering up some acoustic songs in their regular DBT rock shows once in a while. Don't get me wrong, I love the rock shows, but knocking it down a notch or two for a few songs would be a breath of fresh air for my ears.

* http://www.southernshelter.com/

cwnorman, have a great time and I'm looking forward to hearing about it, so please report back, k? :wave

I'll definitely be posting a report tomorrow. I have been looking forward to this for quite some time. From what I've read over at nine bullets there are even some fans who wouldn't mind seeing them stay on this path. I'm not sure about all that, but I do know I'm in for a treat.