Andrew Bird in Milwaukee 4-21

great show last night. was anyone else there?

apostle of hustle opened with a really great set, I haven't listened to much of their music but I will now.

andrew's set was awesome, we ghot tons of great versions of the songs on the new album, ended the show with a great schythian empires. also mid set he did three songs solo: oh sister, why? and masterfade. I just love hearing him all by himself. so much power on the stage.

he also played a bit of the Dr Stringz song which was fun

just a great great show, everyone should try and see him if he is in your town, I know I am preaching to the choir here but right now he has such a command of his sound and it's really cool to watch him deconstruct his songs on stage.

That's cool you got to see him do some Dr. Stringz, some people were yelling for that last week but to no avail. I saw him a week ago in Columbus and it was stunning. He is a fantastic musician and he is probably one of the most talented artists of the modern era who has received little or no attention. What he does on stage is jaw dropping and his studio albums are so well crafted.

The show at The Riv last Friday was fantastic. I was a little unsure with him playing at a much bigger venue, but the new album is outstanding live. Standing room only, I don't think I've ever seen the Vic that FULL. Missed out on Dr. Stringz, but was lucky enough to obtain Andrew's handwritten setlist. :thumbup

Nice!

I think the Blue Note has a capacity of 950, though I can see that his band's performance would be just as powerful in larger venues. Martin Dosh and Jeremy Ylvisaker (:wub) are both tremendous musicians as well.