Melbourne - 19th April

half empty! tracks not played last night...

via chicago, at least that's what you said, sky blue sky, muzzle of bees, misunderstood, what light, reservations, hesitating beauty, passenger side... a couple more, i think...

and i'm a wheel.

half empty! tracks not played last night...

via chicago, at least that's what you said, sky blue sky, muzzle of bees, misunderstood, what light, reservations, hesitating beauty, passenger side... a couple more, i think...

and i'm a wheel.

It'll be interesting to hear what everyone has to say about tonight, but personally i think it absolutely killed last night. The band just seemed to have a lot more energy, and the house mix was soooo much better. Of course it could just be that I could actually hear the bass, drums and jeff's vocals which made me feel like it was a lot more rockin'. The crowd was still pretty subdued of course, given that most of them sat through most of the show...but I really enjoyed the gig.

The venue loses points cos I had to actually point out to them that Glenn Richards had started his set (2 songs in) before they would open the balcony doors to let us in - after a few of us had been waiting for about 20 mins to get in. Retards. I was rather pissed about that.

Anyone snag a setlist? Makes tracking easier for me.

:wave

just got home... better performance than last night. maybe being dead centre in the front helped with that :lol

full set:

via chicago

you are my face

i am trying to break your heart

handshake drugs

at least that what you said

muzle of bees

shot in the arm

impossible germany

sky blue sky

hummingbord

war on war

jesus ect

walken

i'm the man who loves you

misunderstood

what light

late greats

kingpin

i'm a wheel

reservations

hesitating beauty

california stars

passenger side

random babble:

- jeff wasnt as talkative and more subdued than last night

- still took the piss out of us sitting down. but the same thing happened as yesterday where everyone stood up from misunderstood onwards

- much more empty. yesterday and the way out, the venue was handing out blue coupons where if you show your ticket stub from yesterday, you could get in for half price today - unless you already bought a full price ticket earlier. even jeff commented that there was hardly anyone up on the blacony

- he also took the piss out of a guy that supposedly scored free tickets when he bumped into the band at a restaurant earlier in the day

- a few of us tried to scab a setlist at the end, and the crew staff basically ignored us on the stage, until the ushers told us to fuck off

- the kingpin rant was more agressive than yesterday

- misunderstood had about 30 nothings, from memory

- as for the nels debate, he sounded much less agressive than last night on all songs

- photos came out better tonight - will post some soon. also took a movie of one of jess comparing america to australia. some guy yelled out AM! - the response was that we all listen to AM radio here like they used to every night in america on their transistor radios to the ball game :lol

so, time for bed - better performance - less banter.... on to sydney tomorrow morning :thumbup

A report from a day in the future! Gasp!

Seriously, these sets sound absolutely great. A fantastic balance of new and old, featuring some songs I didn't think we'd hear again, at least not with the full band behind them (Remember the Mountain Bed, Reservations, etc).

via chicago

you are my face

i am trying to break your heart

handshake drugs

at least that what you said

muzle of bees

shot in the arm

impossible germany

sky blue sky

hummingbord

war on war

jesus ect

walken

i'm the man who loves you

misunderstood

what light

late greats

kingpin

i'm a wheel

reservations

hesitating beauty

california stars

passenger side

random babble:

that is a long fucking show. i can't remember the last time i saw a band do two encores...

I know i'm throwing my two cents in a little after the fact, but it's better late than never - no?

Firstly, i must say i enjoyed the second night more. But both nights were completely spectacular. I had made the trip over from Adelaide for the two nights as they shunned our oversized town (as opposed to undersized city), but i can