"The group, which permits fans to tape its shows and frequently streams concerts for free on its Web site, has grossed nearly $8 million from 117 shows reported to Billboard Boxscore since 2000."

really?

and:

" The iTunes version of the album will include the outtake "Let's Not Get Carried Away," while indie coalitions will receive a bonus disc with the non-album song "One True Vine" and a previously unreleased live take of "Theologians" from the same Chicago shows that yielded "Kicking Television." "

is good to know

Surprisingly, Wilco pulled off "Sky Blue Sky" with much less of an assist from O'Rourke, who is also Tweedy and Kotche's partner in Loose Fur. O'Rourke penned string arrangements for "Either Way" and "On and On and On," but his mix was ultimately scrapped in favor of a second attempt by Jim Scott that was more in keeping with the intimacy of the recording sessions.

Am I the only one who would like to hear O'Rourke's mix? I feel like O'Rourke's absence is tangible. Of course I am probably not the typical Wilco fan with YHF, Born Again in The USA and A Ghost Is Born as my top three Tweedy albums, so obviously I like what O'Rourke brings.

"Beginning in mid-August and stretching into September, Wilco will embark on a more extensive tour of the United States and Canada, according to Margherita."

Well there's some good news - not that we thought they'd all pack up & go home after a dozen North American (Canada acknowledged, thank you) shows....

Anybody have any insight on that? More east and south dates, or further west?

"the goose- bump-inducing closer, "On and On and On," which Tweedy wrote for his dad after his mother passed away."

Hmmm, I think it debuted in late 2005.

I thought the same thing. It does sort of fit though.

"the goose- bump-inducing closer, "On and On and On," which Tweedy wrote for his dad after his mother passed away."

Hmmm, I think it debuted in late 2005.

He told me this at the basement show this year, the first part..

He told me this at the basement show this year, the first part..

Interesting. Maybe it ended up taking on a new meaning and direction in its later stages. (Unless by the first part you meant he just told you it was goose-bump-inducing.)

Guest Jules
This kind of stuff always stinks. I don't want to have to buy 3 versions of the record to get all the goodies.

Deep breaths...

I'm sure any bonus/extra tracks will be readily available elsewhere (aka here).

Guest Jules
"The group, which permits fans to tape its shows and frequently streams concerts for free on its Web site, has grossed nearly $8 million from 117 shows reported to Billboard Boxscore since 2000."

not bad for 7 years.

Interesting article. Cool info about LNGCA and other bonus songs. But the "Tweedy Beats Addiction, Releases Mellow, Intimate Album" headlines are getting out of control, can they stop talking about rehab, it was like 3 years ago at this point. And I would definitely love to hear the O'Rourke mix, and Jeff Tweedys iPod. Good to know the album will be available at Starbucks too :jerkit

Am I the only one who would like to hear O'Rourke's mix? I feel like O'Rourke's absence is tangible. Of course I am probably not the typical Wilco fan with YHF, Born Again in The USA and A Ghost Is Born as my top three Tweedy albums, so obviously I like what O'Rourke brings.

I too like the "Loose Fur" period of Wilco the best, not that the new era of Wilco can't change that. I'd like to hear anything O'Rourke was involved with.

Here's my favorite part of the whole article which had so much useful information for a change:

Tweedy, who says Wilco has so much unreleased material that he often can't identify those tracks when they come up on his iPod, is already thinking ahead to the band's next album. "We'd like to try and get something out fairly soon," he says. "By fairly soon, I mean within a year-and-a-half or something. The general scheme of things these days is that Wilco spends so much time touring, and the record industry doesn't seem to be geared toward putting out a lot of records by any one artist quickly. So, we're battling against things like that. But it'd be nice to do it before three years pass."

If not a new album, perhaps some true outtakes collections (Songs that none of us have heard, that have never been played) may be in the works. MMJ released two cds worth a few years ago, I'm sure this is in Wilco's future, hopefully sooner than later.