Sky Blue Sky Chicago Release Party

Just an early warning to let ya'll know Laurie's Planet of Sound will be hosting the Chicago Sky Blue Sky release party at the Hideout in Chicago May 14! Live music will be provided by some formation of the Wilco Ensemble from the Old Town School (the Late Greats) and YOU will be able to get up and sing with them as well! (Aimee can probably provide more info on who all will be playing?) and we will be selling the album at midnight! There will be free stuff too! More details as I know them...

All "The Late Greats" are excited to give Wilco fans a chance to sing their favorite Wilco song. The Hideout is our favorite place place to hear live music in Chicago, Lauries is our favorite record store. It should be a really, really fun night. We have been playing together for a few years and have performed most of the Wilco's recorded output. We are busy working on "Sky Blue Sky". If there are any unusual songs that folks that are going would like to sing, post them here and we will do our best. No promises but we want everyone to have a good time.

Here is our web site. If you want to know more about us. The class meets every Thursday night at Old Town School of Folk Music. Thanks!

http://web.mac.com/blastingfonda

Is Aimee out there?

It would be fun for Sleepy Kisser to do "Sky Blue Sky" if we can get the other band members out that night...

What do you think?

TR

Is this your karaoke request? I think the Late Greats are performing that one in the opening set. We'll just play it twice!

And if anyone else knows what they might want to sing, please let me know. You still have to sign up at The Hideout, but at least it'll give the band a heads up on what we should expect. Otherwise, we'll work on everything! :rock :rock :rock

Aimee

Number nine...number nine...number nine...

I think someone should point out (since I stupidly didn't realize) that the CD and other merch will of course be for sale at midnight. I was concerned that the LP/CD combo wasn't going to be available, but apparently it is!!!??!??!

LouieB

Is this your karaoke request? I think the Late Greats are performing that one in the opening set. We'll just play it twice!

And if anyone else knows what they might want to sing, please let me know. You still have to sign up at The Hideout, but at least it'll give the band a heads up on what we should expect. Otherwise, we'll work on everything! :rock :rock :rock

Aimee

That's cool. You guys will do it well. Have a blast...

I was wondering if the red Tee shirts that are being offered to pre-sale purchases on wilcoworld will be available? Heck, it would be smart if they sold all kinds of stuff (stickers, Tee shirts, etc.) as I know I would like to buy some of that stuff!

I'm not sure what "extras" will be available. We will have all the available formats of the album for sale, and then whatever stuff the label and others make available to us for prizes/giveaways, etc.

All "The Late Greats" are excited to give Wilco fans a chance to sing their favorite Wilco song. The Hideout is our favorite place place to hear live music in Chicago, Lauries is our favorite record store. It should be a really, really fun night. We have been playing together for a few years and have performed most of the Wilco's recorded output. We are busy working on "Sky Blue Sky". If there are any unusual songs that folks that are going would like to sing, post them here and we will do our best. No promises but we want everyone to have a good time.

Here is our web site. If you want to know more about us. The class meets every Thursday night at Old Town School of Folk Music. Thanks!

http://web.mac.com/blastingfonda

It's gonna be fun! The new material is really coming along and we've got a good list of older stuff for the karaoke fans to pick from. Should be a great time. See ya thursday someareteeth!