loved every bit of it minus the fairly abrupt ending

Very abrupt. I think Letterman was running a bit long (it ended at 12:36 by my clock).

I believe I misspelled the song title on that video ... I keep reading it as "Plasticites" without the I between the T and the E. :stunned

i was happy to hear how tight it was, because Andrew has a tendency to sing things with odd phrasing, especially compared to the records, and leave out a number of words, but it was damn good last night

My DVR cut it off too, but I liked what I heard. I love Bird, but haven't seen him live. Frankly, despite rave reviews from everyone I know that has seen him, what I've heard of his live stuff (webcasts and the Fingerlings series) doesn't do much for me because the arrangements are so much sparser than the studio versions due to his use of looping. Also, he tends to totally change the melodies live. I'm an improv junkie but he takes a little too much liberty with his songs live for my tastes. That said, the half of Plasticites that I heard sounded much better than a lot of the live stuff I've heard from him. I still wish he'd get a full band though. Armchair Apocrypha is by far my favorite album of the year so far... and it isn't even nearly as good as Mysterious Production of Eggs! This dude has some talent!

Saw him at the Majestic in Detroit last night. Absolutely beautiful. Enjoyed the live show better than the albums. His violin playing will bring you to tears. Maybe a little too much whistling (he could easily lead the chorus in Bridge Over The River Kwai).

Saw him at the Majestic in Detroit last night. Absolutely beautiful. Enjoyed the live show better than the albums. His violin playing will bring you to tears. Maybe a little too much whistling (he could easily lead the chorus in Bridge Over The River Kwai).

i was at the show also yesterday and thought it was really enjoyable. the crowd was rather dead though.