she was really boring on SNL unfortunately though

No kidding. I was genuinely surprised by how lethargic she seemed--after hearing the CD, her SNL performance was pretty much the opposite of what I expected. She looked nervous and uncomfortable, too.

No kidding. I was genuinely surprised by how lethargic she seemed--after hearing the CD, her SNL performance was pretty much the opposite of what I expected. She looked nervous and uncomfortable, too.

She has been touted by the Sound Opinions guys like the freaking savoir of popular music....frankly by next year I think we will be asking...who????

LouieB

She has been touted by the Sound Opinions guys like the freaking savoir of popular music....frankly by next year I think we will be asking...who????

I wouldn't be surprised, I guess... but I will say that I like her album a great deal. I've listened to it as much as anything else released this year.

My 11 year old was listening to Lilly Allen on her iPod just this morning and singing her praises to me.

she just played live on world cafe' today. a friend of mine hates her with the heat of 10,000 suns so all i can do is laugh when i hear her. she's not my cup of tea but the songs are "nice."

anyways if you get world cafe' in the evening where you are you can check it out or i bet it'll be on their website in a few days.

I wouldn't be surprised, I guess... but I will say that I like her album a great deal. I've listened to it as much as anything else released this year.
I am not surprised by this.....she sings fairly sunny pop songs....

My 11 year old was listening to Lilly Allen on her iPod just this morning and singing her praises to me.
I am not surprised by this.....she sings fairly sunny pop songs....

All in all I find her totally inoffensive....in a way she may be the Gnarls Barkley of this year....ubiquitous pop music and she could be way worse.

LouieB