(According to Pitchfork:)

"Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga".

:dontgetit

The word you're looking for is "worst," not "worse." It is a pretty stupid album title, but I'd probably give the title (ha) of "worst" to that eight page job by Fiona Apple.

Farrar's "Gob Iron" is another not-so-great title.

A gob iron is another word for a Jew's harp. It's also the name of the band, not the name of the album. The album is Death Songs for the Living.

The word you're looking for is "worst," not "worse." It is a pretty stupid album title, but I'd probably give the title (ha) of "worst" to that eight page job by Fiona Apple.

A gob iron is another word for a Jew's harp. It's also the name of the band, not the name of the album. The album is Death Songs for the Living.

Thanks for the grammer...er....grammar lesson.

And, yeah, my bad on the Gob Iron slip (I never bought the Gob Iron record.) In my head, I associated "Gob Iron" with other superb Farrar-inspired word creations like Terroir Blues, ThirdShiftGrottoSlack and Voodoo Candle.

Regardless of the title, it's Spoon. None of their albums have disappointed me at all. In fact, Kill The Moonlight still beats out every Wilco album as a "desert island selection" for me. There, I said it.

That's not TOO outlandish....I, too, like all their albums...DEFINITELY one of the really solid rock bands going....even if it sometimes sounds like Brit Daniels has marbles in his mouth.

But, to me, nothing is in the league of Being There....I'm absolutely ga ga ga ga ga about that classic Wilco record.

Regardless of the title, it's Spoon. None of their albums have disappointed me at all. In fact, Kill The Moonlight still beats out every Wilco album as a "desert island selection" for me. There, I said it.

Huh. That's actually in the running for my least favorite Spoon record (and I still like it -- I just like the other ones better, except maybe Gimme Fiction, which I never warmed up to very much).

For me, A Series of Sneaks is their masterpiece. Girls Can Tell is a respectable second. :thumbup

I love Yo La Tengo (and this album) but I Am Not Afraid Of You And I Will Beat Your Ass is not a great album title.

best album title in a long long while :thumbup

Huh. That's actually in the running for my least favorite Spoon record (and I still like it -- I just like the other ones better, except maybe Gimme Fiction, which I never warmed up to very much).

For me, A Series of Sneaks is their masterpiece. Girls Can Tell is a respectable second. :thumbup

yep.

but i love Moonlight too.

and i'm with you, as good as Gimme Fiction is, it seemed like Spoon-lite to me always, i dunno.

hoping for better things from this one.

I love Yo La Tengo (and this album) but I Am Not Afraid Of You And I Will Beat Your Ass is not a great album title.

I like that one. :yes For the record, I'm also probably way in the minority in thinking that Icky Thump is all kinds of awesome. Sky Blue Sky isn't super exciting, but it kind of at least fits the mood of the album.

But Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga is neither here nor there. Feels like they're trying to be clever/cute, but its not really working. Then again, thats kind of how I feel about Spoon in general, so maybe I'm biased. :hmm