Special Downloads if You Buy the Record

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm gonna hold off buying the album for a while his time, I'm sick of them rereleasing the album with bonus disc/extra tracks etc 6 months down the line, I had to rebuy the last two albums and not gonna fall for it again. mp3 downloads aren't the same as having the actual bonus disc IMHO!

I'm gonna hold off buying the album for a while his time, I'm sick of them rereleasing the album with bonus disc/extra tracks etc 6 months down the line, I had to rebuy the last two albums and not gonna fall for it again. mp3 downloads artn't the same as having the actual bonus disc IMHO!

I wasn't aware they offered actual discs for those extra tracks. I thought it was just through the internet by inserting the original CD. Are you in the States?

I wasn't aware they offered actual discs for those extra tracks. I thought it was just through the internet by inserting the original CD. Are you in the States?

I think they were Australian 2CD versions but they were plentiful here in the UK!

Yeah, as far as I know, anyone who bought YHF and AGIB got access to the bonus tracks online free of charge.

Yeah, as far as I know, anyone who bought YHF and AGIB got access to the bonus tracks online free of charge.

There were some copies printed that included bonus discs, definitely considered an import if you are in the States. I saw a copy of YHF that had the bonus disc at TreeHouse records here in Minneapolis a few weeks ago.

They offered you those as mp3 downloads as an an alternative to rebuying the cds but I'm sure there are enough completists amongst us who wanted the proper 2CD version with lossless versions.

Well, then that's your choice. They offer the music to you free, but if you want it to be CD-quality, you have to pay for it. Seems fair enough to me. They could just not offer the bonus tracks at all.

And hence why I won't be buying the new one when it initially comes out!!

I don't mind buying it twice especially since I can use the "regular" release as a beater for playing in my car and PC. I own both the YHF and AGIB 2 disc and I only play those once in a while, usually just the bonus disc. For me it's a cool thing to have even if I can access the tracks for free.

Didn't see this anywhere else:

Welcome to the Sky Blue Sky Pre-Order Store. You can pre-order the brand new Wilco album in CD or gatefold double-LP formats, along with an exclusive tee shirt and a new tote bag. Pre-Ordering here through the Wilco Store will get you a couple of very cool bonuses:

Every album pre-order will get a free video download (compatible with iTunes, iPods, or playable in Quicktime on your computer) of Wilco performing a track from Sky Blue Sky at their loft. The video will be available for download within the next few weeks and we will notify you when it is ready.

:w00t

Nice - thanks for that, I just pre-ordered the LP and it comes with a cd of the album. Looks like O'Rourke didn't mix it this time around. I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed for that prize of all their albums on vinyl - that would be sweet. The others arent bad either.

Buying things from Music Today (the company that runs the wilco store) is probably the biggest joke in the world. 13.25 for shipping to be guaranteed on the release date? 4.75 shipping is the cheapest option which comes over a week after the release date. I think i'll skip the contest (and tote bag) and walk to the record store.

If I recall correctly, I pre-ordered AGIB for delivery on the release date, and didn't receive it until the day after. And some people who'd paid the lower shipping rate got it the day before. :hmm

I'm a sucker for the "exclusive tee shirt" offers, though.

Buying an "import" CD of music made in the USA is almost as insulting as buying pharmaceuticals that were researched, developed, and made in the USA from Canada at a reduced price.

I'll have to check out the tote bag deal. I still have the Ramones/Wilco shirt. Even though I look like a hog in it (it shrunk, I got bigger :)), it still gets a lot of "cool shirt" comments.

The contest stuff looks pretty cool, too:

Pre-Order Sky Blue Sky and you'll be automatically entered into a weekly contest giveaway.

We're giving away seven great prizes, one each week until release. Pre-order early and you'll be up for each weekly prize (though once you win, you'll be removed from future drawings). The seven prizes are listed below, though the order they will be given out will remain a mystery.

One (1) Winner will get the entire Wilco back catalogue on cd (including a signed copy of Sky Blue Sky)

One (1) Winner will get the latest from each side project on cd/dvd: The Autumn Defense, Glenn Kotche's Mobile, The Nels Cline Singers' the giant pin, Loose Fur's Born Again in the USA, Jeff Tweedy's Sunken Treasure

One (1) Winner will get the Wilco vinyl back catalogue (includes the out of print Summerteeth, Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, A Ghost Is Born, and a signed copy of Sky Blue Sky)

One (1) Winner will receive the complete poster set from 2007

One (1) Winner will get 2 VIP tickets (includes 2 great seats, 1 poster and 2 shirts at the show) to any 2007 Wilco show. Transportation to and from the show is on you.

One (1) Winner will get a Free iPod shuffle with Sky Blue Sky album on it

One (1) Winner will get a signed film proof of the cover art

The contest stuff looks pretty cool, too:
Pre-Order Sky Blue Sky and you'll be automatically entered into a weekly contest giveaway.

We're giving away seven great prizes, one each week until release. Pre-order early and you'll be up for each weekly prize (though once you win, you'll be removed from future drawings). The seven prizes are listed below, though the order they will be given out will remain a mystery.

One (1) Winner will get the entire Wilco back catalogue on cd (including a signed copy of Sky Blue Sky)

One (1) Winner will get the latest from each side project on cd/dvd: The Autumn Defense, Glenn Kotche's Mobile, The Nels Cline Singers' the giant pin, Loose Fur's Born Again in the USA, Jeff Tweedy's Sunken Treasure

One (1) Winner will get the Wilco vinyl back catalogue (includes the out of print Summerteeth, Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, A Ghost Is Born, and a signed copy of Sky Blue Sky)

One (1) Winner will receive the complete poster set from 2007

One (1) Winner will get 2 VIP tickets (includes 2 great seats, 1 poster and 2 shirts at the show) to any 2007 Wilco show. Transportation to and from the show is on you.

One (1) Winner will get a Free iPod shuffle with Sky Blue Sky album on it

One (1) Winner will get a signed film proof of the cover art

Nice - Summerteeth vinyl!