Here's a bit of odd news

So Boston's been freaking out like this all day because of packages found taped to bridges in the city.

Now the latest...

BREAKING NEWS: Turner Broadcasting issued an apology for causing today's series of bomb scares throughout Boston. A statement emailed to the Globe from Turner Broadcasting said: "The 'packages' in question are magnetic lights that pose no danger. They are part of an outdoor marketing campaign in 10 cities in support of Adult Swim

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although in retrospect it looks like a big freakin' overreaction, it's a tough position for the authorities. If it turns out to be nothing they look stupid, and if they ignore it and it turns out to be real, they look stupid.

I have heard (and read) a number of people say "the police are stupid for reacting the way they did. But I'm glad they took it seriously."

these have been in other cities for weeks with no problem...but boston freaks out?

what's up with that?

lite brite........whooooooo....scaaaarrrryyyyy.......

I'll bet adult swim never counted on this much publicity. good for them.

In the post 9/11 world your gonna get this kind of reaction. Stupid and un-necessary but that's the reality.

It is kind of funny though (but not for Boston with hundreds of thousands spent on first responders etc) Bet some Turner executives get reamed for this stunt. As the Mooninites would say (to the Turner executives) "Prepare for a pride obliterating bitch slap!"

I don't understand why they have to arrest the people that posted these around the city rather than fine Turner Broadcasting for the cost of interrupting traffic, etc

these have been in other cities for weeks with no problem...but boston freaks out?

what's up with that?

lite brite........whooooooo....scaaaarrrryyyyy.......

So if I see shit tied to the undersides of bridges all around the city I should assume it's a marketing ploy? Got it, thanks.

So if I see shit tied to the undersides of bridges all around the city I should assume it's a marketing ploy? Got it, thanks.

if it's a lite brite cartoon character flipping you off?.....ummm, yeah....

terrorists don't have a sense of humor.

So a harbor cop trolling the river, chomping on his Dunkin chocolate frosted, smoking his Camel wide, drinking his Dunkin regular spiked with a dose of Christian Brothers is someone whom you can assume will look up at this:

lg.jpg

and think "Ahh, fuck you too Mooninite."

I'm pretty sure that an even weirder conclusion, though, would be "that is probably a bomb."

The thing is like 1/2" thick. Not much room for explosives, there.

Also, since when do terrorists decorate their WMDs with pieces of flair?

i'm with the sir on this one. And, if turner paid people to hang these things up, they should be paying the massive bill to the city of boston to cover the cost of the scare. what the hell do we know about what bombs look like, i mean, i watch 24, they can be pretty cod damned small!

i'm with the sir on this one. And, if turner paid people to hang these things up, they should be paying the massive bill to the city of boston to cover the cost of the scare. what the hell do we know about what bombs look like, i mean, i watch 24, they can be pretty cod damned small!

Totally agree. Batteries... wires... placed under an overpass... glad they thought "bomb". What if they didn't, and it was?

I agree too. It's not the smartest marketing tactic. Where was their legal department on this one?

the probably just 'weren't thinking' about that. :ermm