Pearl Jam's take on "Love Reign O'er Me" is...

Ed sounds great, too bad the backing music sounds canned in. i know it's some members of PJ, but it sounds like session musicians

those strings are most likely a synth too

but besides the almost note for note, tone for tone copy of the original for the most part... good cover

i was skeptical when i heard they were covering one of the most significant songs on the album because this song is sacred to EV. his performance on this song and this last album show this band is nowhere near done making great music. pretty incredible performance by a 40 something that smokes a pack a day.

- i'm still a monkey driven fanboy. :monkey

Reign Over Me is a 2007 film examining the aftermath of the tragedy of September 11th, 2001 through the eyes of a fictional character, played by Adam Sandler, who lost his family on the fateful Tuesday morning. The film's directed and written by Mike Binder and co-stars, among others, Don Cheadle, Jada Pinkett Smith, Liv Tyler, Saffron Burrows, Donald Sutherland, and Binder himself. Columbia Pictures is distributing the film, which is rated "R" for "language and some sexual references" by the MPAA and will be released on March 9, 2007.

Reign Over Me

Wow, that looks like it could be the worst movie ever made.

Agreed. Who is going to want to see that from the trailer?? Is it like the cool new thing to put comedy actors in serious roles? No thanks.

As for the song, it is great. How can anyone deny the power of Vedder's voice, even if you aren't into PJ.

Reign Over Me is a 2007 film examining the aftermath of the tragedy of September 11th, 2001 through the eyes of a fictional character, played by Adam Sandler

Okay, I know Adam Sandler has been trying more serious roles in recent years, but still. Serisously, read that description again--out loud--and then ask yourself who in their right mind gave this film the green light. :blink

"Its too hot for a penguin to be flying those planes around. Flibbidy-doo!!!! Look at me, I'm crazy 9/11 man, give me some candy!!!"

8131334_l.jpg

That movie look like one of those things really easy to be cynical about, but I actually think it looks kind of good.

same here.

Sandler has proven himself to be a lot better actor as of late than a lot of people give him credit for, and i think this role only futhers that.

Sandler has proven himself to be a lot better actor as of late than a lot of people give him credit for, and i think this role only futhers that.

My point was not directed at Adam Sandler so much (or Don Cheadle, frankly, who I think is great). My opinion was more directed at the execution (at least in the trailer) which seemed to overflow with cheesiness. This is a movie that's been done 100 times before but is now being done in the context of 9/11 and will just be pitched as the "feel good" movie of the year. Who wants to bet how the movie ends?

I know I am being salty, but don't mean to be. The movie seems like a typical big budget easy movie. Looks pretty boring to me. Sandler is grieving, Cheadle drifts away from his wife. Cheadle learns from Sandler and vice versa. Sandler overcomes his demons. Cheadle learns about himself too. We get it. Really, we do.

I saw this trailer in the theater and had no idea it was about 9/11.

LouieB

Yeah, me too.

I've never been a fan of any of Sandler's work but I'm intrigued by this and will see the film.

PJ's take on "Reign O'er Me" is pretty damn moving if you ask me.

My point was not directed at Adam Sandler so much (or Don Cheadle, frankly, who I think is great). My opinion was more directed at the execution (at least in the trailer) which seemed to overflow with cheesiness. This is a movie that's been done 100 times before but is now being done in the context of 9/11 and will just be pitched as the "feel good" movie of the year. Who wants to bet how the movie ends?

I know I am being salty, but don't mean to be. The movie seems like a typical big budget easy movie. Looks pretty boring to me. Sandler is grieving, Cheadle drifts away from his wife. Cheadle learns from Sandler and vice versa. Sandler overcomes his demons. Cheadle learns about himself too. We get it. Really, we do.

When I saw this trailer, nothing in it gave me any reason to see the actual movie.

LouieB

Oh, I totally get what you're saying. It does follow a time-tested hollywood blueprint. However, even the indiest of the films can be formulaic if you scratch under the surface enough...it's just all in how you've taken the existing concept and bring it off on film...hopefully, you've put a mark on itthat makes it a little different OR you've just 're-done' it really well.