• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Same reason that the random thread or now playing gets closed, just to keep any one thread from getting too huge. I think the cut-off is going to be 500 posts, unless the other admins/mods get together and decide otherwise. I've only closed the reading and watching threads so far.

Any time I close one of these, I'll start a new one. And the old ones will always be available in the archives, if you want to refer to them.

Any particular reason you want to keep the same one going?

Same reason that the random thread or now playing gets closed, just to keep any one thread from getting too huge. I think the cut-off is going to be 500 posts, unless the other admins/mods get together and decide otherwise. I've only closed the reading and watching threads so far.

Any time I close one of these, I'll start a new one. And the old ones will always be available in the archives, if you want to refer to them.

Any particular reason you want to keep the same one going?

1. I don't like change.

2. I like stuff to be around for a long time.

Almost done with this book on Jane's Addiction/Perry Farrell: compiled strictly from interviews with the band, family, friends. Lots-o-drugs, sex, rock star indulgence, etc. but a nice perspective on their impact/influence of late 80s/early 90s rock.

janes-1.jpg

Just started this one on John Brown, radical American patriot who dedicated every waking moment to racial equality in the time surrounding the Civil War. Ever since I finished reading the excellent Manhunt, I've been on a slight Civil War-era jag for books. This one is very well written, too:

0316_PatrioticTreason-2.jpg

Starting this weekend, for the book club:

11235211.jpg

That looks interesting. As an Episcopalian and an English major, I recognize no other Bible.

I'm going to start James Ellroy's "The Black Dahlia" tonight.

Just finished the 33 1/3 Series book of Sign 'O' The Times. Would've been a more joyful read if the writer didn't feel the need to balance his superfanboyness by making fun of the pretty much the rest of Prince's catalogue.

Now deciding whether to start A Confederacy of Dunces or In Cold Blood. I've never read either of them.