Pandora Internet Radio

Has anybody else checked this out yet? Just go to this site and type in your favorite band or song (obviously Wilco or a Wilco song) and then "teach" the program waht you like by rating it. You'll listen to streaming audio that sounds pretty good (I've listened to piss-poor streamed audio before and this is a welcome change), and then rate it thumbs up or down. Based on what you decide, it will queue up another song based on your prefs. I'm having fun with it, hope you all can enjoy it too.

By the way, it is a totally free site, requiring a free registration step.

Pandora Internet Radio

Just found out you can only skip a few songs (4 or 5) songs per hour, so go easy on the skipping.

A friend of mine told me about this recently, but haven't tried it out yet. Sounds like a great idea, though.

Great site!! Listening to it now. A colleague sent me the link ~two weeks ago.

It's free!! Type in a song or band name and it's... six degrees of separation.

Started w/ husker du then to my dad is dead to the local division....

edit ...to gang of four

Edited by skip
and.......you can have up to 99 stations!!!

-Robert.

Or you can have one that jumps from Miles Davis to The Carter Family to Bennett/Burch to The Move and then to the Patridge Family :o. Yeah okay I am appericative of the musical genius of David Cassidy.

--Mike

I really didn't think that I would get any music that I never had heard of when I started using Pandora. After using it for 20 minutes I found a dozen more artists that I really enjoyed. I would suggest it to anyone looking to expand their musical taste... and to anyone who has the cash to buy a dozen new albums.

• 1 year later...

If anyone is actively using Pandora, I would be interested in sharing stations. I have 3 stations. One devoted to rock that started w/ the Old 97s, one devoted to jazz that started w/ Sonny Rollins, and one devoted to classical that started w/ JS Bach. PM me w/ your e-mail if you want to swap stations. I'd be curious what other Wilco fans' stations sound like.

Guest Cousin Tupelo
Has anybody else checked this out yet? Just go to this site and type in your favorite band or song (obviously Wilco or a Wilco song) and then "teach" the program waht you like by rating it. You'll listen to streaming audio that sounds pretty good (I've listened to piss-poor streamed audio before and this is a welcome change), and then rate it thumbs up or down. Based on what you decide, it will queue up another song based on your prefs. I'm having fun with it, hope you all can enjoy it too.

By the way, it is a totally free site, requiring a free registration step.

Pandora Internet Radio

If this system is truly intuitive, wouldn't you ultimately end up listening to your favorite song over and over again?

I could do that already, if I knew what it was ...