In A Future Age

IATTBYH

Muzzle of Bees

A Shot in the Arm

At Least That's What You Said

Jesus, etc.

Theologians

Spiders (Kidsmoke)

Forget the Flowers (stopped and restarted)

Walken

Kingpin

Hummingbird

---------------------------

Airline To Heaven

I'm The Man Who Loves You (w/Brown U. horns)

Monday (w/Brown U. horns)

----------------------------

Heavy Metal Drummer

War on War

The Late Greats

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did anyone tape this? i'd love a copy as the horns were terrific and getting the rarely used shirt lifting verse of heavy metal drummer was cool. plus, having jeff's springsteen impersonation on tape?...priceless...

ok, what was that dude doing that pissed jeff off so righteously? i couldn't see the guy even though i was about 10 feet to his left as you face the stage. or, for better reference, i was behind the dude that was, like, 6'8" and kinda robust and about 6 feet directly in front of nels. anyone else get stuck behind the big dude? it took me about 6 songs to get around him.

Absolutely incredible :worship , even with Jeff being definitely agitated by that asshole for much of the show.

This lineup just keeps getting better and better, so much so that I really don't even care anymore what they play. That was the closest I've ever been to Nels, and he had me utterly mesmorized for much of the show :stunned Best Spiders I've ever seen :worship , the horns were awesome :rock , Bruce impression priceless :D , and Angry Jeff seemed to be taking his disdain for that asshole out on his guitar playing, esp on ALTWYS (giving him the drawn out middle finger was a nice touch, too.)

They for sure could've played longer (only 20 songs), but he looked like he definitely wanted out of Jersey (I've been trying for years :P ). Still, no complaints out of me. Just another spiritual experience for me (my apologizes to all the atheists here :P ) by the best band around.

ps - Sorry I missed meeting you, Shawn. I was probably right in front of you. Glad you had a great time. :thumbup

Good to great show - loud, really loud and I'll be interested how the boot comes out.

Call this show - "Angry Jeff" - angry at the 6'8" guy, angry at Andrews birthday, angry at the guitar tech, but wow he channeled it

The venue was very joiseey if you know what I mean. Sort of like roadhouse without the Swazye.

that was the very first time I was at the Starland Ballroom. Without a doubt the WORST venue I've ever been to. It was spread out on the sides, wasn't deep enough, no where to see...fucking aweful. Bathrooms next to the stage, so everyone has to battle through a crowd, so many annoying people, smelled like ass/feet/B.O. I didn't even stay for the encores....I've never left a concert early in my life. I hope Wilco never visits this venue again. The band sounded great, nothing against them, but the venue made it the most frustrating concert experience of my life. I'm really disapointed todays, but I'll get over it.

that was the very first time I was at the Starland Ballroom. Without a doubt the WORST venue I've ever been to. It was spread out on the sides, wasn't deep enough, no where to see...fucking aweful. Bathrooms next to the stage, so everyone has to battle through a crowd, so many annoying people, smelled like ass/feet/B.O. I didn't even stay for the encores....I've never left a concert early in my life. I hope Wilco never visits this venue again. The band sounded great, nothing against them, but the venue made it the most frustrating concert experience of my life. I'm really disapointed todays, but I'll get over it.

GREAT SETLIST...

HORRIBLE HORRIBLE crowd..(at least in front of and behind me)

I am beginning to hate Wilco fans..when did the college age hippy jam band fan frat guy become a wilco fan!!! :thumbup

The band seemed kinda not into it until the first encore..

good show..bad crowd.

There's morons at every show I go to these days. I just try to focus on the show and tune everything else out. I definitely wasn't expecting a bunch of saints at the Starland. If you get there early and get up front, you don't have to worry about the madness behind you. And if people just didn't drink anything (imagine that), you wouldn't have to go to the bathroom. Works for me.

i agree with the last few posts, after seeing the guys in various states, i never thought my home state would be the bad crowd. but then again it is nj. penn's landing show in philly....brotherly love. starland show in jersey.....joisy madness. at least jeff didn't wind up in the river, im glad he remained dry, alive and able to continue work on the new album. some jerk behind me told them to 'go back to chicago' (i wonder why he was even there). but the guys are pro's, and they never disappoint. a few bad apples can't bring down such a tight set! and it was cool to see them in a smaller-scale venue, after a few festivals and theater shows...even if the venue was pretty lame. the guys really know how to play to those in the audience who are really listening and who want to make the most of out the show

I'm the man, late greats and monday were all rockin' in those encores (saw a taper!)

and it was really nice to hear forget the flowers and future age

rock on wilco :rock

i was right in front of the guy jeff was getting pissed at... he was just being a general asshole, yelling out stuff like "turn the volume up" and some other stuff that didn't make sense. then there was this other guy who tried starting a pit (and bumping into me plenty of times in the process). as much as i wish i hadn't chosen to stand where i did, it was still an amazing show.

Yea the guy was yelling out requests for kidsmoke and telling Jeff to take his hat off. I'm probably one of the younger fans being 16 and it was my first Wilco show. I loved it and after the show I met Nels, John, and Glen and they signed my show poster. Oh and they gave us their pizza lol. Is anyone else that was hanging out behind the place on here? But yea it was a great night and if there is a taping I'd love to do a B & P since i have no shows yet.

Edited by CaptainTrips
Guest chezk8
Yea the guy was yelling out requests for kidsmoke and telling Jeff to take his hat off. I'm probably one of the younger fans being 16 and it was my first Wilco show. I loved it and after the show I met Nels, John, and Glen and they signed my show poster. Oh and they gave us their pizza lol. Is anyone else that was hanging out behind the place on here? But yea it was a great night and if there is a taping I'd love to do a B & P since i have no shows yet.

Yes, I was the mother of two in the flowered dress and cowboy boots waiting outside w/ you in the cold and rain. I'm always so grateful when the guys actually stop to talk to us. All except for Jeff, that is. I think he was still pissed off about that jerk in the crowd. Great show. Highlights for me were too numerous to list. Jeff played a rockin' angry set. And a big shout out to "the guy w/ the blond hair" for the pizza!

Springsteen impression? Any info?

He sang a few lines from 'Jungleland' (I believe it was the "Outside the streets on fire...", could have just been "To-night in Jung-gle...), then did a little of the moaning from the end of the song. Afterwards, he quipped that he had better be careful or he might end up at the bottom of a ditch or in a marsh.

I was also at the show last night, and although there was one idiot in the crowd, overall the crowd was very good. I was standing about 20-25 to the left of the guy Jeff pointed out, and for the most part there was no pushing or shoving or people trying to move in front of other people who had been standing their ground through the 3 Stooges shorts and 'Morricone Youth'.

The crowd reaction was nothing short of a love-fest for the band. Fantastic versions of 'Kidsmoke', 'At Least That's What You Said' and 'A Shot in the Arm' were highlights for me, along with 'Monday' and 'I'm the Man Who Loves You' with the kids on horns.

Jeff was undoubtedly a bit pissed off by the one guy, but overall I thought the show was brilliant.

For anyone who's interested,

Airline To Heaven video - 4/21/06

Warning. It is the whole song (47MB, over 4 min.), but totally worth it imo.

Also have Forget the Flowers (start/stop and start again), Hummingbird, and Walken but gotta go out right now. Let me know if anyone would like any of these. 'Tis better to give then receive.

Guest tarheelfan

so i could not see what pissed jeff off, but obviously the guy did something and continued to piss him off throughout the show.

i don't agree about the venue or the crowd. it was great to see them play in a smaller place again. i have seen them everywhere over the last couple of years from msg to radio city to jazzfest to several outdoor pavillions. i thought this was really a great spot as it was a very bar like atmosphere and the crowd was really into it.

while jeff is certainly not know for his dialogue w/ the audience... i thought it was kind of a bummer that the first communication w/ the audience was telling someone that they sucked. that said, the guys really rocked and the horns were a huge plus. there could have been a few less people and the venue a little easier to navigate, but i really thought it was a great show and a real treat to get to see them in a small venue.

What happened to dancing to music at a rock concert? And not JUST a rock concert---an awesome one.

For New Jersey I thought the venue was fine...it was a ROADSIDE BAR...I just looked past it; I would have loved to have ordered a drink but the fear of losing my teeny tiny space to dance on was just not worth the effort.

Jamming out to Wilco and dancing like mad was worth more than that drunk guys bar tab multiplied by 1000.

(where do they come from?) I'm just glad Jeff kept on playing...

Baltimore has a new venue called SONAR....WILCO please come play there...it will be to your liking.

Note to JEFF: We waited outside to say hello...focus on the fans who follow you all around and who appreciate your talent. We're out there....and p.s. I hope Susie will like the Hummingbird (ask Glenn for it...)

A Hummingbird from a Humminbird

Agreed..... :dancing

There's morons at every show I go to these days. I just try to focus on the show and tune everything else out. I definitely wasn't expecting a bunch of saints at the Starland. If you get there early and get up front, you don't have to worry about the madness behind you. And if people just didn't drink anything (imagine that), you wouldn't have to go to the bathroom. Works for me.

This was my first Wilco show, but it damn sure won't be my last. I too waited outside after the show. I'm glad John, Nels, and Glen came out to say hello, but I can't say I'm not disappointed that Jeff didn't come out. I would have loved to have gotten a picture with him. The show itself was amazing. Kidsmoke and Im the man who loves you were amazing, and I loved "The Late Greats" as a closer.