Spot the Bbop

so, I think Bbop holds the record for traversing the country and showing up at concerts.

Let's play a little game where you find him (or someone who looks very much like him) in various 'Close to the stage' band pictures.

2 points for non-wilco/tweedy shows

1 point for wilco shows

Wrens at Slim's San Francisco last Friday - lower right hand corner:

DSC02040.JPG

Edited by lizish
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol He was there, though!

I was trying to find a picture from the Pitchfork fest last summer, so far to no avail...

Well in this case, you can certainly Photoshop him in at another concert and still gain a point towards your game total. Altamont, Woodstock or the 1965 Newport Folk Festival perhaps?

Edited by lizish
:lol Killer thread!

I agree. One can only hope that twenty years from now some collectors of turn-of-the-century indie-band box sets will wonder who that guy is that pops up in all the concert photos. Perhaps the search will merit its own website or whatever the medium of choice is in 2025. Hopefully this medium will allow for and even promote the overuse of hyphens.

Wrens at Slim's San Francisco last Friday - lower right hand corner:

DSC02040.JPG

how about we make things spicy and if you have a picture of him in a crowd where he's NOT closer to the stage than you, you get 6 points!

Hey, I was standing in front of him at the Wrens!

Hey Erin - more points owed here ... :lol

At this show, I believe both Jen AND I were closer to the stage than bbop ... B) ... I'm pretty sure that's him holding a beer in his hand in the first section of the lower balcony. :yes

Jen and I were in row 2 at the red X, just missed the shot. I, too, am filled with joy about that!

121026647.jpg

http://www.zerostudio.net/wilcoAUD1105/

Zoran Orlic's site

Hey Erin - more points owed here ... :lol

At this show, I believe both Jen AND I were closer to the stage than bbop ... B) ... I'm pretty sure that's him holding a beer in his hand in the first section of the lower balcony. :yes

Jen and I were in row 2 at the red X, just missed the shot. I, too, am filled with joy about that!

121026647.jpg

http://www.zerostudio.net/wilcoAUD1105/

Zoran Orlic's site

hahah i know that's him because we were sitting in the box directly across on the other side, except...wait...ONE box further back! i can't win at paul's little games! except, it is true we were in front of him and samorama at the decemberists! samorama can attest for that, as can morgan. but wendy, jst because i love you so much you get a bazillion points, and then more when i get to see you next tuesday!!! wooohoooooooo! ps tell jen to bring my rogue wave poster, otherwise she's never getting her pen back! mwahahah (sorry, it's late, i'm tired, i'm procrastinating)

WilcoJune14200516.jpg

Here's my contribution. gawd, I hate digital cameras.

This is from the 6/14/05 greek theatre show in LA. I believe that is ms.y, gogo, bbop's lovely friend, and mr "waldo" bbop himself.

paul, was I next to you there? Donna was on my left....